Thread: 2nd gen suspension

i have a problem with the rear lower shock bolt loosening due to vibration during track days. ive tried locktight and that helped but not for long. im looking into saftey wiring the bolt in place now and was just looking for suggestions as to what to wire it to.

thanks
    Wes
    29 ITS

It's odd you're having that problem. Never heard of such a thing. At any rate, it shouldn't be a big deal to safety wire the bolt to the shock. It's really the only thing in the neighborhood to get a hold of.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Thanks, i was thinking my only option was the shock. Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas.

I saw in your other post that you plan on running NASA and moving up through their ranks. One thing to consider before any additional modifications is the PT classification.

Add up all your points and see where you fall. I do not know if an ITS RX-7 is a solid choice there. You may want to upgrade/downgrade your car / points in order to be competitive. No matter if you choose NASA or SCCA, become familiar with the rulebooks asap.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy
    thanks, ive have not thought much about running PT. but now with the NASA contingency offered by mazda it may be in the future. i know that in its current state the car falls into TTD but im not sure how well TT correlates to PT

I had another suspension question.

spring rates. currently the car has an isc suspensioin with the nonadjstable bilsteins and 400#front 250# rear spring rates. from pictures the car seems looks to still have a decent amount of roll in the front. what would be a good spring rate to jump upto, or should i stay with what i have now?

thanks
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    but now with the NASA contingency offered by mazda
    Wes,

I've only seen rumors on this except for the Championships. Do you have other info?

Thanks.

Mark

Edit: Wes, enable your PM if you'd like, I was trying to send you a message and it doesn't look like it's turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by mbuskuhl View Post
    Wes,

I've only seen rumors on this except for the Championships. Do you have other info?

Thanks.

Mark

Edit: Wes, enable your PM if you'd like, I was trying to send you a message and it doesn't look like it's turned on.

I missed it. Here it is... http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html

All along I've been checking Mazdaspeed and they still have 2007 up.

Yeah NASA released the news a few days ago.

wes , we run isc stuff too . have the front shocks rebuilt and made 20-25% stronger , both compession & rebound . also if you have the speedway type sway bar , you can move the links up on the arms (shorter). this will act as a stiffer swaybar to hold the car in the middle of the corner . this works for us.