Dave-

I like the idea of having items tossed into a hat and drawing for what is checked on your car.

To all-

One issue to discuss... If it is not in the supps can the tech inspector make you "tear down" your engine for inspection? (By "tear down" I mean anything that is a cost to the racer. This could be including taking off the valve cover or oil pan (thier is a cost required to replace gaskets), but not taking out a spark plug wich can simply be screwed back in.

The reason I ask this is that if A racer protests B racer then A racer must agree to pay the cost associated with the work IF B racer is found legal. If A racer is not a racer but a tech inspector who pays when B racer is legal?

The other issue, when you are required to do a tear down in a protest the specific items are identified and sealed before the race at the time that the protest is made. Can you make these requirements after a race is complete?

If it is in the supps then it is an expected expence, similar to paying for damage track property (guardrails) at certain tracks. I think that is how the Runoffs and ARRC justifies it, but I am not sure at other events.

Just some thoughts for discussion...

Raymond