A part of what has made the ARRC a championship caliber event has been the racecar inspections (at least in previous years). I recognize that it’s not realistic to tear an engine apart, but there surly are items that can be checked. I also understand that depending upon which items are being inspected, it may involve additional costs. Todd also brought up the fact that inspections would also require additional volunteers to complete the tasks. Last year it really wasn’t feasible to perform these inspections, but why not this year? I’d like to use this thread to discuss what ways in which we can incorporate additional inspections to help ensure cars are legit.

To cover any additional costs to have these compliance checks, I’d be more than happy to pay an Improved Touring compliance fee of say $20 - $30.

Another idea is if a car is found to have an illegal part, impose the fee upon the car owner just like what would happen in a protest. If the tested part is legal, use the compliance fee to cover the associated cost.

Based on conversations from this year’s ARRC, checking proper gearing isn’t terribly difficult.

I’d LOVE to see a cam doctor at the event and be utilized. Maybe the national office would be willing to loan one?

Jake Gulick has mentioned this idea in the past: have several items that could be evaluated in a hat and the top X finishers would pick one or two.

Many inspections can even be preformed on Saturday – it’s not necessary to do this all on Sunday. What are other people’s thoughts on the subject? Any ideas how to expand upon the inspections?