Hey Guys,

I am sorta outstepping my bounds here - but less than 3 of our BOD members and several of our corner workers have decided that there will be no 12 hour presented by our region in 2008. We have scheduled a Double SARRC for the weekend that is traditionally the 12 Hour. I am thinking single SARRC one day and the ESC the next - test day on Friday as usual.

The anti 12 Hours members have these issues
Low participation (28-30 entrants)
lack of worker interest
too hard (not enough volunteers)

I really know all these problems can be solved. I have 10 individuals, beyond the normal 8 that run all our races, ready to step up and do the work to revive this race - maybe in a shorter version like the Atlanta region is hosting. I think I can at the most fit into the schedule a 9 Hour race.

If I go to the BOD with a proposal the missing ingredient in our plan is the participation. I feel that our entrant numbers have remained around 30 due to late announcment of the race date year after year (and it is held at the bottom of the North America). Last year we gave out almost $10,000 in cash and prizes so we have vendor support and can put on a great event.

If I could take 25 "intent to runs" and Kumho remains onboard (Roland??) I might just get this race back on the schedule. I have 8 intents within the present group of revivalist. This is my first attempt to poll everyone and I have not asked the regulars from our region that run every year.

Please let me know if you guys (outside our region) want to come back down here. Also I'd love to hear your suggestions for improvements if you want to come. Rounding up and maybe sponsoring a real corner marshal(s) from your region would be key to changing the situation as well.

Ofcourse if enough of you respond yes the next step would be to send in an actual standard intent to run. So don't commit without full thought.

Jay Mauney
Florida Region BOD
Publicity Director
eTorque Express Publisher
2003 and 2005 12hour Champ
[email protected]
561-745-3044 home