Thread: Different SFI Discusion

SFI Roll Bar Padding. Is there any information/specs on the SFI padding versus the high Impact (hard stuff)? SCCA still just recommends, not mandating yet. If they act the same during impact and burn (no drip) the same then I am going to save myself $6 a 3' stick.

I have hit my head on teh soft shtuff and the high impact stuff. I will DEFINITELY use the high impact stuff, a lot less little birdies flying around the head. Just don't know whether I want to spend the money if I don't get any performance advantage. I know, I know, SFI? Performance? What?
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Same here.
    I use the cheap stuff around my legs and the non-SFI hard stuff above my waist. There appears to be no difference between the stickered hard stuff and what I buy.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

There is a relatively new SFI roll bar padding called Orange Aid.
    Informative website including SFI impact test data are available Here:

http://www.stbarinc.com/orange-aid/index.html

Stuff is expensive at $60 per 3 foot section, but looks to be superior to the hard stuff I used last year. I plan to try it this season on the bars around my helmet. You may have to leave a message when you call but they will call you back promptly and were easy to order from.

Dave

Damn it! My brother in law and I were just talking over New Year about a dual density padding. Something as effective in high G stuff as the "hard stuff" but something a little more compliant in the incidental contact range and one that didn't flake apart or crumble after two seasons!

Maybe some hard stuff over the cheap stuff????
    Daryl DeArman

Come on Daryl, high roller race open wheel cars. Go for the $20.00 per foot stuff. Have you seen the 1 inch thick flat SFI 45.2 stuff that Pegasus has ? 1 inch x 9 inch x 16 inch for $20.00