Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What other racing organization requires SFI?

That should probably be something like "all driver's gear that will be used during sanctioned practice, qualifying, and/or race sessions." Much of what we hang on ourselves isn't required and may potentially serve as an impediment.

K
    [/b]
    I agree and will suggest a change to Jerry.
    Jim Politi

Done some racin'.

Of course, these rules aren't just about driver's getting themselves out of a car quickly; they are also about workers getting a driver out of a car quickly.

I know Jake said that his worker friends said they'd cut the belts. I know that EMTs would likely do that, but last I checked, a knife sharp enough for that is not standard issue volunteer equipment ... I know I wouldn't count on that!

I think there ought to be a rule that ALL items constraining the driver have bright orange releases, or something to that effect.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

i have no issue with what Greg is stating in the above but here is an excerpt that references that others are now requiring SFI.
    does anyone know what other sanctioning bodies are doing this?
    [/b]
    Greg posted a few pages later, stating it was the following....:
    It is the Porsche Owner's Club out here in California.
    [email protected]

[/b]

...for whatever that's worth. Because guys with 300+hp, $30k racecars that hit 150mph are SOOOOO similar to my $3k IT car that would struggle to hit 120mph with a Spec Miata pushing it down the front straight.
    Jayson West
    04 ITB/H5 Civic
    Driving in '08!

Greg posted a few pages later, stating it was the following....:
    ...for whatever that's worth. Because guys with 300+hp, $30k racecars that hit 150mph are SOOOOO similar to my $3k IT car that would struggle to hit 120mph with a Spec Miata pushing it down the front straight.
    [/b]
    I thought bump drafting was a no-no.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

...and the physics of hitting the wall are in their favor, not yours. Remember where your cornering speed might be 85mph, the PCA guys have slowed down to 60.

K

...and the physics of hitting the wall are in their favor, not yours. Remember where your cornering speed might be 85mph, the PCA guys have slowed down to 60.

K
    [/b]
    You give me far too much credit Kirk!
    Jayson West
    04 ITB/H5 Civic
    Driving in '08!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    I know Jake said that his worker friends said they'd cut the belts. I know that EMTs would likely do that, but last I checked, a knife sharp enough for that is not standard issue volunteer equipment ... I know I wouldn't count on that!
    Dude, count on it. Any SCCA F+C worker who's been on corners more than a weekend or two has a knife or shears that will take care of your harnesses. With some of the workers, you better be moving quickly to get yourself out, or they'll start cutting straps just for good measure.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion