Thread: Spec Miata Rentals Available

It's that time of the year again, time to get ready for the upcoming racing season, schools , special events, and the regular SCCA or NASA season.

We have four cars available at three different levels of prep. Base price for upcoming Single Road Race events:

........1. $500.00 for a stock 92 Spec Miata ( one available )( A good car for an entry level driver)

........2. $750.00 for a race prepped fresh built 93 Miata ( two available )

........3. $1250.00 for a fresh built 99 Miata ( one available )

........All cars are taken to the track and are prepped and ready for track use. All you will need is to arrive and drive. Coaching is also available if you would like. Track side service is included. So all you have to do is concentrate on your driving and enjoying your track time.... leave the rest to us.

Contact: Rick Thompson 919-921-6050 or Alex Jackson 770-328-0563 Email:[email protected]

....... For more information please see our ad :R&R MotorSports / Spec Miata Rentals
    ....... Copy and Paste: http://classifieds.specmiata.com/detail.php?id=1252
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 02-06-2008 at 10:14 PM.

I've thrashed 3 of these rides, they're all safe, solid and sharp looking cars or I wouldn't put my butt in 'em, 20 years working Tech I know the difference. RT & co. has it dialed in & gassed up when I show up, just zip up the nomex and drive. I don't have to lift a finger between sessions but I like to get in the way just the same, they let me wipe the windows. Never a hiccup with the car, only problem is the cars are a lot faster than I am, RT proves it.

I've raced with Rick twice and found that not only can he build a good car but can drive a little to (sorry Rick). When I fly in from England I want to know the car is properly put together.
    Cannot Praise RT enough, the only limit seems to be the Nut behind the wheel.
    (sorry couldn't Quite keep up with your times Rick)

I raced at the VIR 13 hrs in 2006 and really enjoyed the event - the car that Rick preped & provided was spot-on! It ran without fault for the duration and was bang on the pace (with the others driving it at least!)...

For a VIR Rookie like me to be part of (carried by?) a team that came so close to the class podium was an awesome showing on the part of RT, Alyn and the car.

I hope to be back with you all at some point and would have no hesitation in running with Rick and the guys again (if they'll have me!) - hopefully with more RT-like pace next time!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fhp6js View Post
    I've thrashed 3 of these rides, they're all safe, solid and sharp looking cars or I wouldn't put my butt in 'em, 20 years working Tech I know the difference.
    Bill,

.... That is what we like to hear. You work hard to help the SEDiv function well. Not only in tech but also on the grid. And I hope you know we all appreciate it....

.............. See you soon...............
    NCR Driver of the Year
    Rickey Thompson
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 01-16-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Hey Rick, I'm still waiting for a schedule from that "other" series I play around with before I can book a Miata again. Loved the ponies in that yellow car, really glad I didn't scratch it when the SRF's spun right in front of me, major pucker factor. Are you coming to Kershaw next weekend? I'll save front row on the grid for you if you do the CCPS. If you do the National you're on your own though LOL.
    Hey did I leave a Craftsman socket in your car at VIR? I was building an engine in the back of the truck before my session, I figure it slipped out of my firesuit pocket, just checking... Bill

Bill,

... I appreciate the front row start.......... It really made it easy for me to concentrate on what the car was doing. The weekend was basically an R& D session and I was pleased with the results.

Thanks Again................ Let me know when you are ready for another ride.

Rick

Ricky,
    What are the next couple of events that your cars will be available for? I might be interested in your $500 or $750 deal. Would be nice to "live like a king" for the weekend. PM or e-mail me with the details, please.

Scott Franklin
    Scott F at NutDriver dot org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Quote Originally Posted by NutDriverRighty View Post
    Ricky,
    What are the next couple of events that your cars will be available for? I might be interested in your $500 or $750 deal. Would be nice to "live like a king" for the weekend. PM or e-mail me with the details, please.

Scott Franklin
    Scott F at NutDriver dot org
    Scott,

..... Good to see you at Kershaw on Sunday. Stay in touch and let us know when you want to "live like a king" ... We are sure to please................

.... Rick @ R&R MotorSports

I've entered two events with R&R Motorsports. Ricky and Kurt were always helpful and understanding, no matter the situation! My first event with them was the double drivers school at Roebling in Feb-2007. Rickey gave me excellent advice on technique, lines, and race craft. Totally invaluable for me to accelerate my learning curve. My second event with them was the SCCA Double Regional at Roebling in April-2008.

The first thing you notice is the level of preparation in the cars. From the outside-in the cars are immaculate, superb attention to detail throughout. It's obvious that a lot of time is spent preparing the cars to be in the best possible condition. This is true for all three R&R Cars I've seen. I've been involved as a mechanic in Vintage & sports prototype racing for many, many years and know how much effort it takes to prepare race cars (any type of car) to that level.

Next thing is they listen. After the first session the car was not handling in way that suits my style. Kurt listened to my comments and made several adjustments to the car and it transformed into something I was a lot more comfortable with. Very happy.

Lastly, these guys are family oriented. My wife and young son (4 years old) come to all events and they are always welcomed as part of the Team.

Thanks Rickey and Kurt! Can't wait 'till next time!

Callum Wright
    Last edited by sanigene; 05-04-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling....

Hey Rick I got all giddy when I got my results sheet from CMP, 7 seconds quicker! Too bad the pole car's time was 4 seconds quicker too, something about new pavement and all, oh well, a tres is better than naught. Next time we'll try not to throw away the finishing position with another hundred yard slide. Really enjoyed the ride, and thanks again to Kurt for massaging the wounds. Looking forward to VIR.Bill

Quote Originally Posted by fhp6js View Post
    Hey Rick I got all giddy when I got my results sheet from CMP, 7 seconds quicker! Too bad the pole car's time was 4 seconds quicker too, something about new pavement and all, oh well, a tres is better than naught. Next time we'll try not to throw away the finishing position with another hundred yard slide. Really enjoyed the ride, and thanks again to Kurt for massaging the wounds. Looking forward to VIR.Bill
    Bill,

..... Glad you enjoyed the ride......

..... The "Goblins Go" race will be here before you know it. We are looking forward to it.

........Should be a real screemer !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanigene View Post
    Thanks Rickey and Kurt! Can't wait 'till next time!

Callum Wright
    Callum,

.....We are glad that you and your family had such a good time.

..... By the way, Nice shot of you in the commercial for Roebling Road Raceway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tWlk_dksQw
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 10-11-2008 at 07:44 AM.