View Poll Results: IT Fest attendance

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely, even if I wreck my car, I'll borrow another

10 10.75%
  • Absolutely, unless I wreck the car.

29 31.18%
  • Planning on it, unless money or work get in the way.

23 24.73%
  • I want to, but I have to see about money..I'm 50/50.

10 10.75%
  • A possibility if the wife and budget allow. 25% chance you'll see me.

11 11.83%
  • Slim to none

10 10.75%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: So, who's goin'?

too many late-braking heroics get attempted on the back straight.

Amen to that, Tom. If you ever made the Runoffs at MO and observed a backstretch run down to Madness you wouldn't want a part of that insanity either. Cold tires, high speed, adreneline/testosterone rush and a slow right is why they call it Madness.

Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

I'd really like to go this year, but it's not likely that I will have the ITR S2000 done by then. I'll be lucky if I can make the ARRC with as busy as I've been!
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Here is the reply from the chief steward ( Pat McCammon) on the subject of split starts.

" If the majority of a race group wants a split start I will grant it. Track me down at the track and let me know well before the group is to go out for Saturday Afternoon's race."

He is leaving it up to the drivers. So I guess coordinate it and pick a representative from each of the classes in the group. Pat will be at the track Friday evening Aug.8th

P.S. I guess I'd better change my profile since I have become TAC = Tefkatt

Todd

Hmmm...no one has responded to my last post on Split starts. Does that mean your all happy with the answer?

Todd

I do not think it is a matter of being happy or not, you have said what it is. Personally I believe it should be decided in time to have it in the supps. It is about setting expectations for the competitors and then meeting them. With the chief not willing to make a decision at this time somebody will be disappointed at the event. But again I think we have been told that is the way it is.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

What Dick said. I'm not a fan of having to walk around the paddock collecting signatures in order to obtain a split start. Either it'll be done or it won't - let's make this determination before the event.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

i suggest separate threads and polls for each race group and let the majority rule and put in supps accordingly. would that be an acceptable means?

split start is my preference for ITB if it is to be tracked per this thread.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

I don't much care. Honestly - dealing with other classes is an integral part of road racing. I have been hurt by, and helped by it in different events. It is a pain to deal with an S or A car slow enough in turns to be in our way, but that car will be in our way at some point, split start or no, that's road racing. The best solution is to out qualify said cars
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    The best solution is to out qualify said cars
    Amen to that!
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

"You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. But you can never please all of the people all of the time" Abraham Lincoln

While I don't care at this time, I know that there are those who are very passionate about split starts, both for and against. Hard decision, hope it gets worked out, preferably long before the event.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Let's take the ITS and ITB example. The main benefit (to me) is that cars from different classes that run the SAME lap times will NEVER see each other. During a standard start, they are gridded toghether and they run together all race - with the 'faster' class often having an affect on the front of the 'slower' class. In a Championship event such as this, you want to have the individual classes race against each other for as long as possible.

The fast B cars will catch the slow S cars but they will be able to pass them.

PLEASE put it in the supps. It could 'cost' you 3-5 entires just from what we are reading here.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 01-18-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    .... The best solution is to out qualify said cars
    it does not matter if an ITB car out qualifies the ITS car if they grid the ITS and ITB cars in separate groups. the slow ITS car effectively gets a free pass to be at the back of the ITS field and ahead of the ITB front runners.

i would prefer the split start with separate groups but do not care enough to not attend if it is not in the supps. i am there either way. this is too good an event to skip for this issue.

It Is On The Calendar For Me And The B Car. Please Make It A Split Start. I Have No Power To Fight With S Cars. AND WHAT ANDY SAID>
    Last edited by dazzlesa; 01-18-2008 at 05:42 PM.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    it does not matter if an ITB car out qualifies the ITS car if they grid the ITS and ITB cars in separate groups. the slow ITS car effectively gets a free pass to be at the back of the ITS field and ahead of the ITB front runners.
    Yeah that comment was in regard to standard mixed grid. I'll be there no matter what - inverted split group single start in reverse, you name it.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

[quote=RacerBill;258005]"You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. But you can never please all of the people all of the time" Abraham Lincoln

"He must of been a race chairman in his early days." Todd ( split decision) Cholmondeley
    Last edited by TAC; 01-18-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Andy's point is VERY valid. While the split start can't eliminate the issue, it can and will minimize it.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

and for any unfamiliar with why some of the split start discussion is taking place, fast forward this vid to 6:15 and watch the first lap.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

I appreciate all the attention this topic has recieved as I am very pasionite about it. Some people have made comments about the "slow" ITS cars and out qualifying them... last year the "slowest" ITS cars were as fast as the fastest ITB cars. The qualifying grid for sundays race was a split grid where ALL ITS cars out qualified the ITB cars. The problem came because the front ITB drivers and cars were faster in the begining of the race, especially at the start due to experience and the cars ability to handle side by side racing and different lines a bit better. If we had a split start the ITB cars would never see the ITS cars until the leaders started lapping the ITB field. My guess based on the cars I ran with it would not be an issue for them to just drive bye on the the streights.

Raymond - Thanks again for listening!!!- Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Sigh..........Let me work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Sigh..........Let me work on it.
    thank you...
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7