2. The Mustang/Camaro/Pony car market is in a huge growth curve in track participation and club racing, but in the SCCA its falling apart.[/b]
Hopefully we'll get the Mustang and others in ITR where they belong. That should help.

I think the region needs to make a stand on how this event will be marketed, and then stick with it. If the formula doesn't pull in enough entries in the future, it can always be changed later, but I think that messing with the core values of this event at this time would be a mistake.[/b]
Well said.

You guys were very successful last year with the event especially with it being its first year and the other conflicts in schedules. For 2008 (and I did the same last year), I put this event ahead of the ARRC. If you want this event focused on the IT & SM (heck, SRF still fits into the SPEC bill), don't change things much otherwise expect some of us less local IT / Spec people to move it down a bit on our "must race" list.

In your meeting, could you also bring up the idea of using split starts for the races? At Mid Ohio, I found it more challenging to pass a car that had higher HP but a slower overall car than many other tracks I've raced at. This causes more forced passes (I know I did one and had contact with an ITS car in lap one).