I think that some people are missing the point others are trying to make.

That right there is an OPINION of one person. HE wouldn't protest. Doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't either. Doesn't mean the part is LEGAL.

What it means is that the person running/using the ILLEGAL part deemed that he thought it just improved his safety, but not performance, so he decided to use the ILLEGAL part. He KNOWS its illegal, but said "screw it, I think my chances are good that I won't get protested". The likelyhood is that people won't protest, but if someone felt like it, they could.

If someone threw paper against this part, and won a protest on it, then its not "chickenshit". You were running an illegal part, and someone didn't like it. They protested you, won, the end. Sucks for you.

-Tom
[/b]
Tom I completely agree, on the flipside we shouldn't just settle for poorly written rules either. Hub failure is caused from heat cycling and rotor temps. clearly the limits of some cars having too much brake for the other parts supporting them. Sometimes one GOOD protest will fix a poorly thought out rule.