Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoosier Out of Regionals??

Why would I do that?

I won 2 tires at the worker party at the last event of the year and was concerned that the gift certificate might be expired the following Spring when I would need the tires. I figured that if I went ahead and pre pay for the other 2, I would seal the deal. Also, I figured fresh tires in the spring would be better than tires stored over the winter.

I won't make that mistake again. From this point forward, I will only order from someone that I KNOW I can trust.
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

And Appallation at the
    [/b]

Hey Jake, do you have spell check or Firefox?? :P

Come on Joe, I expected you to be all over him!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Hey Jake, do you have spell check or Firefox?? :P

Come on Joe, I expected you to be all over him!!
    [/b]
    burn...

At all of the Great Lakes Division events, Midwest Hoosier is generally there. Yea, they've been a minor pain in the ass to deal with before, but on average, I haven't had much trouble with them. They're the one's who sponsor our regional Hoosier contingency, not Hoosier themselves. However, I've had to go directly to Hoosier before when Midwest was trying to screw me once. I had some left over contingency free tire certificates at the end of one season and tried to use them at the beginning of the next season. They didn't like that, but Hoosier took care of it. Now, when it comes to dealing with Midwest, I get my hands on "my" tires as quickly as I can. Even if I have to store them in my basement all winter (like this winter), I don't care.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Bob Smart of Northeast racing is at all of our SCCA events, and the crusty rat b*****d does everyone good. - GA
    [/b]

Ahhhh I can feel the love! Smarty is unique .

"Hoosier Dave" is no longer with Midwest as a lot of folks already know. The joint has gone downhill fast since he left under not so happy circumstances. My wife saw him a few weeks ago and he indicated he was working on some new angles to return to the business with someone else.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

You guys from the Midwest need to order from Phil. He doesn't mind shipping. You won't be disappointed.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Well that just sucks... How could Hoosier turn there back on the club racer like that...?
    One of the highlights of the racing season was winning the money from VW and the tires from Hoosier.

Now I'll have to look at the other tire contingency programs.
    Who has the best tire contingency deal now, I know we can get the car to work with just about any tire.

Bill Johnson

That REALLY sucks!!

We're fortunate to have two great sources for Hoosiers. Both great guys who are always willing help you out. Of course, one gives you all sorts of sh*t after but it's worth it!!
    [/b]

Hey Jeff, I never give you any shit. I save it all for Greg and little for Joe ....LOL

On a serious note. I'm thankful to be doing something I truly love. To deal with friends and help when we can, is all part of the enjoyment. So when Kim and I are busting our buns in the sweltering summer heat, at Mid Ohio or some other venue, and you come over to us and ask "Are my tires ready ? " and we both spin around and snarl, grumble and say No !!!, please know that we love you guys dearly ...

hehehehehe ...just kidding

philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

" Well that just sucks... How could Hoosier turn there back on the club racer like that...?
    One of the highlights of the racing season was winning the money from VW and the tires from Hoosier"

We haven't turned our backs on anyone. We don't know why the SCCA didn't have us listed as a Regional
    Contingency Sponser, but we are still continuing the same program we have had in the past. If you need
    more information on the program, just call or email us and we'll be more than happy to send you out the
    regional contingency information.
    As far as Mr. Burchfield's comments, all we asked for was a copy of the receipt that stated the tires were
    purchased and paid for in advance, which he could not supply. We went through all the event paperwork from the race that he said the transaction took place, and had no record of it. If I had "prepaid" for a set of tires I would at least have a receipt to substaniate it with.

Terry Gilvin
    Road Race Product Manager
    Hoosier Tire Midwest-Plymouth
    574/936-8344
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Boy thats good news... :026:
    I was getting nervous, I really like the Hoosier tires and with them on my car "I'M INVINCIBLE"

So,.. all of you that like to buy cheaper tires,...you know the ones on sale that last a long time..lol
    keep it up and I thank you very much, because it makes it that much easier for me to win...lol

Hoosier tires Rule the track...
    and your tires suck...

This is a pic of the Hoosier Chick
    [attachmentid=1278]
    Bill Johnson

So Bill, you gonna back that talk up and attend the Mid Ohio IT Spectacular with you ITB car?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Terry,

I had and still have a copy of the receipt and offered it but the issue of my possession of a receipt did not seem to be an issue at that point in time. The response to me was that it was incumbent upon me to PROVE that I did not take delivery of the tires at the track which is impossible. I will be happy to provide that receipt for you just as I had offered previously.

It is possible that the context of the telephone conversation escapes you, but it remains quite vivid in my memory.

Please contact me off list if you wish to further explore this.

Dave Burchfield
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

" Well that just sucks... How could Hoosier turn there back on the club racer like that...?
    One of the highlights of the racing season was winning the money from VW and the tires from Hoosier"

We haven't turned our backs on anyone. We don't know why the SCCA didn't have us listed as a Regional
    Contingency Sponser, but we are still continuing the same program we have had in the past. If you need
    more information on the program, just call or email us and we'll be more than happy to send you out the
    regional contingency information.
    [/b]
    You probably aren't listed because SCCA doesn't manage your program, and it's not available to all regional competitors ... only ones in the Midwest, right?

Hoosier (the main company) does not offer a regional contingency. They never have. My understanding is that some local distributors are offering contingencies, but those are not Hoosier, they are independent.

I just exchanged some e-mail with Terry here to confirm, and yes, they don't offer any contingency outside of their region.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Dave
    I tried to get to Mid Ohio in 07 but it just didn't work out, but definitely in 08.
    I've heard there are a lot of good drivers down there, one of them, can't remember the number but a black VW, raced with me at Nelson and he was very good,... gave me a run for my money he won Saturday, me 2nd and I won Sunday with him right on my bumper...he was a very good driver and I'm told he has the track record at Mid Ohio.
    Now remember I'm new to the SCCA, so you guys need to take it easy on me...lol
    Bill Johnson