Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Out of Regionals??

SCCA just came out with 2008 Contingency Program. It shows that Kumho and Hankook are the only Regional tire sponsors. Is this true? If so, sweet! Now maybe everyone will switch t Kumhos since I could never afford the "faster" Hossier. And it will prove how slow I actually am on a level playing field.
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

SCCA just came out with 2008 Contingency Program. It shows that Kumho and Hankook are the only Regional tire sponsors. Is this true? If so, sweet! Now maybe everyone will switch t Kumhos since I could never afford the "faster" Hossier. And it will prove how slow I actually am on a level playing field. [/b]

Dear Jay05,

This is Santa, I am just using my friends login name, he doesn't know it cause he's sleeping. How about a little advice since I am unable to provide you with a set of "B!%%@" for Christmas. Get off your as#, into the car and WORK A LOT HARDER next year on your driving skills. No matter what tire you are on, push it to it's max! If you don't know it by now, most people would have bought the Hoosier tire no matter what and the fast guys will beat you no matter what tire they run.

SANTA CLAUS :snow_cool:

I knew it.

I knew it.

I knew Santa was a prick.

dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I think for whatever reason Hoosier generally sponsors at the local level rather than nationaly... I don't get it,but I think that is how it has always been. For me its never been an issue and I have always been treated great by Hoosier

Raymond

PS: Santa... thanks for all the snow!!! my back is tired from shoveling so you can stop now :snow_cool:
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I knew Santa was a prick.

[/b]

HEY DICK!

HO HO HO!! May an excited Yak tailgate your sister.

MERRY CHRISTMAS but your getting a F$(&^@ lump of bituminous coal!

SANTA CLAUS

MERRY CHRISTMAS but your getting a F$(&^@ lump of bituminous coal!

SANTA CLAUS
    [/b]
    well better than last year.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I don't think Hoosier was ever *in* Regionals. None that I saw, anyway, except for contingency sponsorship for the ARRC. Any deals that exist out there, such as Northeast Racing's up here, were purely local/regional distributors offering stuff... - GA

I don't think Hoosier was ever *in* Regionals. None that I saw, anyway, except for contingency sponsorship for the ARRC. Any deals that exist out there, such as Northeast Racing's up here, were purely local/regional distributors offering stuff... - GA
    [/b]

HO HO HO! Give this guy a cigar. He is absolutely correct, same as Central Division Hoosier Dristributors, these are local contingencies only.

SANTA C.

Yea, Hoosier never had Regional. The SE one is done by Appalachian Tire for example.

Looking at Hankook's contingency, and the fact that Appalachian carries them, I think I'm going to be trying them next year.

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

I for one could care less if Hoosier has anything to do with Regional Racing after the way they treated me last season. Hoosier Midwest was happy to take my money in the Fall for a set of tires to be delivered in the Spring. When I called to have them delivered to the track, the "new" manager said "those tires were delivered when they were paid for at the track and it is your responsibility to prove that they were not."

My letter of frustration went to Bruce Foss with no response.

I suspect someone got a new set of tires for Christmas.
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

Many yrs knowing Bruce, He is a Real Prick

I for one could care less if Hoosier has anything to do with Regional Racing after the way they treated me last season. Hoosier Midwest was happy to take my money in the Fall for a set of tires to be delivered in the Spring. When I called to have them delivered to the track, the "new" manager said "those tires were delivered when they were paid for at the track and it is your responsibility to prove that they were not."

My letter of frustration went to Bruce Foss with no response.

I suspect someone got a new set of tires for Christmas.
    [/b]

That REALLY sucks!!

We're fortunate to have two great sources for Hoosiers. Both great guys who are always willing help you out. Of course, one gives you all sorts of sh*t after but it's worth it!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

yea, my experience with Hoosier dealers has been great recently. Now that Bob Smart is running Northeast tire, things are a LOT better there. (The old boss was less than nice. I always felt he was doing me a favor just taking my money). And Phils Tire Service was perfect to deal with when we were in Ohio this summer. And Appallation at the ARRCs. Wow. Yup....I've been lucky!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It's Appalachian. Like my alma mater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Um. yea. Ack..I really screwed that one, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

No problem dude -- I was actually just using your post to put that silly vid from ASU up. ASU Hot Hot Hot! Man am I proud of that!

Back to Appalachian Race Tire -- their website still show the regional contingency for next year, and they are great, great guys to deal with. I will pay more for tires from them just do to the support they give at the track, and it isn't that much more anyway
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I am thinking that in MidWestDIV that three regional Hoosier dealers sponsor a contingency deal for Regional Racers that buy tires from them. I am not sure how it works, but I was told it was available towards the end of last season.

What is the experience that you guys have had with Kuhmo (the company) and with their tires? Same question for Hankook?
    I have been lucky enough to find tire deals on the Hoosier SM tire which was much cheaper then the regular R6. Not sure if that tire is still around, so if i am going to be spending a lot more the contingency might make a difference.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

haven't dealt with Hoosier lately but if i were to buy them, i would definately be doing it with Phil's Tire Service.

top notch work and trustworthy as well.

no one works harder at the track than Phil and his wife/crew!
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Hoosier Midwest was happy to take my money in the Fall for a set of tires to be delivered in the Spring.[/b]
    Out of curiosity why would you do something like that?
    Tom Sprecher

Out of curiosity why would you do something like that?[/b]
    My guess would be to take advantage of better pricing from the prior year?

I'd not tar the entire organization with such a brush, though. I got a set of tires from Hoosier (Indiana factory) on contingency after the '06 ARRC, and they agreed to let me accept delivery the following March; I had no difficulties. Granted, a different situation, but I'd lay the blame with "MidWest" not Indiana.

Side note: Phil Phillips also sells Hankooks. And, in comparing our ARRC data - DiMinno on Hankooks and me on Hoosiers - I'm not so convinced about Hoosier's invulnerability. Couple that to significant differences in pricing and SIGNIFICANT differences in contingency, and the decision isn't so easy.

However, Hankook had some inventory supply issues this year, which I've been personally assured they are addressing for '08.

Another thing that keeps me bouncing back and forth to Hoosiers is support. Bob Smart of Northeast racing is at all of our SCCA events, and the crusty rat b*****d does everyone good. Then you've got Phil Phillips at all the NASA events. It really does suck having two organizations that I consider personal friends, both in the local area supplying tires. In that regard, we're truly blessed up here in the northeast. - GA