Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Immediate Release!

I am pleased to formally announce that tGA - aka Captain Panties - has chosen to stop the futile resistance, has assimilated into the norm, and has accepted the inevitable - yes, all of those tired phrases - by accepting a verbal agreement to sell his Nissan NX2000 and partner with Kakashi teammate Jeremy Billiel. For 2008, tGA will be piloting... an Acura Integra GSR in ITS, with a discerning eye towards moving it to ITA in '09!

Kakashi had developed the NX2000 to its near-ultimate conclusion, and we found a good home for the '06 ARRC-winning car. We won't offer any details on the pending sale unless the pending owner pipes in, but suffice it to say the Southeast has a new brick to draft on. So, it was on to the next project and the "waffle-ism" provided a good outlet.

Never one to shy away from an underdog proposition, Greg Amy and Matt Kessler have once again teamed up to give the "old college try" to an unproven package and bring it to fruition. Imagine something like the ARRC-winning NX2000 with better aero, a fully-developed multi-link suspension, top-end shock package, and Kessler Engineering power; then drop an "A" badge on it and bolt Captain Panties into the steering-wheel-to-seat interface, and you have a rough idea of what's coming...

'08 will be a wait-and-see year; with the exception of power development we've got most of the package already built. We'll hand the car over to Kessler for race prep and work on the external power bolt-ons and ECU tuning; maybe we'll do a head later in the year while fully developing the last bits of the chassis.
    At that point we'll re-evaluate our potential in ITS:
    if it looks like it has what it takes then Kessler gets the nod for a full engine development program; if it looks like the GSR can't quite do it then we'll take advantage of the '09 "VIN rule" change and move the whole shebang to ITA. So, who knows...?

So, here's to 2008! Be afraid; be very afraid...
    Jeremy Billiel

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Congrats on the arrangement, guys.
    It'll be hard to see the NX go, however
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member

Nice. I really didn't have enough time to get any Prelude yellow on that car last year.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

You might have a few less chances this year, except for lapping situations, now that the boys are stepping up the program. My advice: stay far far away fro tGA when he's passing you going into a corner..he knows not what a car that "turns in" is.

So, is the NX retiring down south? perhaps it will be calling RA it's home track? eh?? C'mon, spill. new owner go by TR?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

...with a discerning eye towards moving it to ITA in '09!
    [/b]
    [Monty Burns] Exxxcellent... [/Monty Burns]

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Obviously this is a silly post to make us laugh before we head out for the holidays, but the point being that instead of selling the car Greg and I are going to share our time raing it next year. He will be driving it primarily to develop and work on getting it faster. The platform is there, with all of the right pieces, but it needs an experienced driver and crew, which Kakashi racing brings to the table.

For those of you who are worried about me, I will still be around the track waiting to take the verbal abuse that I usually do!

Nice. I really didn't have enough time to get any Prelude yellow on that car last year.
    [/b]
    That's becasue you were always faster than me. Doh! As I hold my head in shame.... I only have like 50 more HP than you.
    Jeremy Billiel

That's not quite what I meant. So will YOU actually be driving the car some next year or will Greg have all the fun?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I could see this coming from a mile away. Selling the NX was inevitable. Come on now look at it this way. 2006 Greg dominated everything won ARRC NARRC NERRC set multiple track records was on the front insert page of GRM twice etc. the list could go on for ever. 2007 what happened Greg won the first race of the year at NHIS and from there it all went down hill. After not duplicating the 2006 season what is the point of coming back in 08 with the car. All the excuses for not doing as well were used up in 07.

Also Greg was getting scared of a certain other driver in the same chassis. In prior years it was laughable how far off this driver was of Greg's B13 chassis, but this year was a different story. The other driver came on strong and was nipping at the great Greg Amy's heals and I am sure it made him nervous very nervous.

So the NX my be leaving us as a permenant fixture in the NE but I would keep my eye on the other B13 chassis running around the NE. I heard he has a few plans for next season on top of the 15 ponies they had already found in the car right before the ARRC.

Be affraid very affraid in 2008.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Joe are you suggesting the Greg isn't a good driver? Perhaps I really do need to find an ITA motor for 2008. Let's "GET IT ON!" I know Andy wants some....
    Jeremy Billiel

Joe are you suggesting the Greg isn't a good driver? Perhaps I really do need to find an ITA motor for 2008. Let's "GET IT ON!" I know Andy wants some....
    [/b]
    He is very good when handling is in a straight line.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]

He is very good when handling is in a straight line. [/b]
    Dude...where shall I begin? Hmmmm, how about "sooooo...how did that 'extra 15 horsepower' work out for you at the ARRC...?"

Dude...where shall I begin? Hmmmm, how about "sooooo...how did that 'extra 15 horsepower' work out for you at the ARRC...?"

[/b]
    Actually quite well. I picked up almost 2.5 secs over last year. How did the extra 10 ponies over 06 work out for you? :P
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]

Actually quite well. I picked up almost 2.5 secs over last year. How did the extra 10 ponies over 06 work out for you? :P[/b]
    So, you finally agree then that you REALLY sucked in '06? Been trying to tell you that for a year; glad you've seen the light. Hell, if I were you, I'd be EMBARRASSED to use your '06 performance as a benchmark for improvements; didn't you get beat by a first-gen RX-7, or a Miata, (or both)?

You *did* finish the '07 ARRC race, right? I don't recall seeing you in my rear-view mirror...lemme check...no, you're right, it's there on MyLaps.com, so you musta finished the race...and I see you even beat all the RX-7s this time! Good for you, man!

Being the first non-CRX finisher at the ARRC? A good accomplishment. B***h-slapping a Pennsylvania redneck into obscurity? Again? Priceless...

It's gonna be fun watching you get yer butt whooped by a girly car in '08.

Again.

You gonna paint the SE-R pink when you finally get around to doing bodywork?

So, you finally agree then that you REALLY sucked in '06? Been trying to tell you that for a year; glad you've seen the light. Hell, if I were you, I'd be EMBARRASSED to use your '06 performance as a benchmark for improvements; didn't you get beat by a first-gen RX-7, or a Miata, (or both)?

You *did* finish the '07 ARRC race, right? I don't recall seeing you in my rear-view mirror...lemme check...no, you're right, it's there on MyLaps.com, so you musta finished the race...and I see you even beat all the RX-7s this time! Good for you, man!

Being the first non-CRX finisher at the ARRC? A good accomplishment. B***h-slapping a Pennsylvania redneck into obscurity? Again? Priceless...

It's gonna be fun watching you get yer butt whooped by a girly car in '08.

Again.

You gonna paint the SE-R pink when you finally get around to doing bodywork?
    [/b]
    Come on now just because I didn't have a fluke season like someone in 06 which couldn't even come close to being repeated in 07 it means I had a shitty season. I have improved every year since i started what happened to you?

God and now you want me to paint my car to match you bunched up panties?
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]

Come on now just because I [had] a fluke season..."[/b]
    "Fluke", huh? That what you boys over there call it? We over here in Connecticut calls those "euphamisms"...

Hey, maybe those panties are what you need; you know, pull 'em up and start driving, and all that? I'll let you borrow some, if you think it'll help.

Hey, Joe, being I had a free weekend and all I was going through all my in-car video, burning it to DVDs and such, and I figured I make a montage DVD of all the times I passed you over the last couple of years (started working on it last month). Got through about half of it, got bored, and started to crunch what video I had, and then my hard drive ran out of space. So, I'll just wait until I buy a new drive (I see terrabyte-sized drives are available now...that may cover it, or maybe I can use the hospital's networked multi-terrabyte drives over the holidays while things are slow) and then I'll get a copy to you (you guys have DVD players over there in PA, right?) I'd upload it to the Internet, but I've only got a 3-gigabit connection, and my wife would be upset if I monopolize that line for more than a couple of days...but don't worry, I'll get those DVDs to you soon. - GA

Andy Bettencourt

Don't be fillin' up on that popcorn quite yet, Bettencourt: you and that fuggin' Miata are next on the list...

HA!

Just bring it to ITA and quit yer yappin'. We all know it's gonna end up there anyway after a ''one-and-done' year in ITS.

It will be fun having you back on the local scene.
    Andy Bettencourt

Where's the ringside seat icon???
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Shush, and be quiet Andy and 911. They might stop trash talking if they know others are listening
    ITA 78 Sentra SE-R