OK,
I don’t know if there is a “quick” answer or even a “right” answer for this, Or, if I am going to open a HUGE can of worms.

My job will soon be requiring me to obtain a CDL, and I was thinking that if I have a CDL I now MUST stop at these DOT Inspections when towing the race car?(as a hobby, for recreational use….)

So I guess my question is does having a CDL eliminate that “gray” area that “recreational use” allows us.

I am all for receiving the additional drivers training, I just don’t want to create more hassle down the road when towing.
Work will pay for the training, the physical and drug testing, so that is not my concern.

But if I have to keep a “log” while driving the truck and stop at the inspections…..I also heard that it lowers your blood alcohol % if you get stopped, even driving a car. I am not promoting drinking and driving, but have heard that with the reduced % it only takes 1 or 2 drinks.
I don’t know if it matters, but I tow a 42 ft 3 axle goose neck trl (18,000) with a F250 (8,600)

Thanks
Mattbal