I spoke with a number of competitors at Moroso this past weekend & based on what I have heard, we are moving forward with the restructure of the series.

I met with Carol Cone on Sunday and asked her to send me a rewrite of the rules removing all references to joining the series and money payout. Hopefully, I will have this before this weekend so that Robin and I can meet at Sebring and do a review. As soon as we feel we have it ready, I will send it back to Carol and the SEDiv Executive Steward. She will post it on the ECR site for all to review.

We are going to give this new ECR Guidline to the RE's at the SEDiv annual meeting scheduled January 18th at Jekyll Island and will ask them to adopt immediately. If they agree, then, hopefully, all Enduros over one hour will become ECR's in 2008. We are going with a count your best 6 races. Hopefully, we can get 5 or 6 races in Florida and 12 or more total.

We have also discussed a race for the final of the year similar to the SIC, a double points race. As soon as that is final, we'll post info. It may or may not happen in 2008.

Thanks for all the input. And it's still not too late to express your wishes.

Happy New Year to all.
[/b]
Jim ;
Between all the comments here and over at SpecMiata.com, you have a good basis for rule revisions. One additional comment; make 2 drivers mandatory (must drive min 30 minutes) with both getting points but the entrant getting 1 extra point. This provides more money to the car owner for race expenses. Best of six sounds great but then there should be a year end double points race, maybe the Sunday Enduro at the ARRC ??
As someone who thinks a divisional Enduro series is the best form of racing I applaud your efforts (and Robin Langlotz, Carol, etc.) I remember 90 car split fields with 50 qualifiers in ITS alone !! Everyone ran 2 drivers anyway (to share costs). Some brought in 'ringers' (Syl, David, Randy, Marc, Rob and Ian come to mind) but they were all beatable. These were 90 minute sprint races where we raced against the best in the country. No reason ECR's can't be more popular again than SARRC's .
Back to my
Happy new year to all,
Carlos Gutierrez