There used to be a "CR for Guns". It was called Gun Test and I have all of their issues from '93 through '97, at which point I stopped shooting competitively and fell out of the hobby. It had no advertisements, they purchased firearms and tested them, just like CR.

I'm glad to have found this thread, because I am agonizing over a choice of tow vehicle for 2008. I'll take any and all advice offered, from Jake or anyone else.

I am going to start out with my open steel trailer and an ITA Neon. I used this trailer to tow everything from my piece-of-shit Lotus Seven clone to a '69 Jag, using my 2003 Discovery. The Disco has now been sold and I have no interest in owning any more Rovers due to this Tata buyout (different topic, I guess).

I won't stay with an open trailer, however; I'll probably do what everybody else seems to do and end up with a 24' enclosed at some point.

What to get? This will not be my daily driver, under any circumstance. I'll be using it strictly for towing. While I recognize and acknowledge the validity of the arguments for a daily-driven tow vehicle, I cannot stand driving trucks and I have three Porsches and a pair of Phaetons for daily use. I have an LLC and this is my year to take Sec 179, the last time was with the Disco in '03. Some of my thoughts:

* Sierra Denali with the 6.0 and 2WD
* 2500 or 3500 Chevy pickups
* Chevy vans

I'll listed to any and all arguments. Seriously. I'm fascinated by the trade-offs between a 1500 and a 3/4 or 1 ton truck.