Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go ahead Brag

It will be hard for me to top last year as far as excitement. Had a great time doing the MARRS again. Managed to get third in ITA points. It went down to the last race between myself and Bryan Pritt for that position. Bryan showed great sportsmanship when things just didn't go his way. Did all of the races except for VIR. In addition as mentioned in an earlier post I got a call from Csaba on the friday before the Longest Day to come to the track with my suit and helmet in case I was needed. I think it was a set up because I was the second driver in the car. It was cool to hear Csaba come on the radio in the morning and say "turn the headlights off". I had the fastest lap in the car until the last stint. Thats when Csaba rolled out a brand new set of Hoosiers for himself. I hope I get to do another enduro someday. I even had excitement at the shop fixing wrecked race cars. Four not counting my own(sorry Gregg). To all my MARRS friends, and my new enduro buddies, as well as my customers thanks for a great year.
    Brad
    [/b]
    Hopefully you ar ecoming back to play in '08
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Well i might as well join in....

I had a great year, i spent some great weekends with my wife and 7 y/o son at the races.Met some really nice people and had a successful year racing.

Started out the year running a 3hr night enduro at moroso on new years weekend and finished 1st in ITC.

went to sebring in feb. and finished 5th and 6th. (club course)

sebring in june finished 3rd and 4th ( full course)

sebring in aug. 2-1st place finishes, the 1st of my racing years.(full course)

moroso in nov. 1-1st,12nd,1-3rd. and was also 4 sec a lap fast rhan last year down there.!!

sebring in nov. 2-2nd but was 8 sec. a lap faster than earlier in the year!!! fastest time in ran was a 2:52 !!

Cant wait till 2008!!!!

Tim
    itc vw rabitt
    cfr
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Nothing to brag about except for meeting the infamous Jeff Young (runs and hides) Just kidding Jeff,

Got to gain confidence in the car during a track day at TGPR and a little private instruction from the Katman!

Ran the Nashville time trials.. 1st

Worked the Barber Race and got to meet Williams, Kim, David Plott (under lousy circumstances )

Ran the Eagles Nest Hillclimb...1st Did get to meet Steve Ekerich at that event but he didn't compete so no "I Beat Steve E" shirt for me

Worked the Nashville Race, got to see some great racing and meet some more of the guys!

Ran the Crow Mountain Hillclimb..1st

Ran the Roebling TT...2nd to Van Steenburg who really schooled me

Won the Sediv ITS TT class

Had a great time, got to meet some great people and will complete drivers school and be out there with you guys in '08
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

I'd rather be infamous than a nobody!

Good to meet you too Paul.

Highs this year:

1. Jensen exploding so we didn't have to f#$% with it any more and delude ourselves that it could be a competitive S car.

2. 2nd at Rockingham

3. 4th and 2nd at CMP in May against pretty competitive fields

4. 6th overall in SEDiv SARRC ITS championship

5. Working on Ron's Z car and seeing him actually finish races, including a 2nd at the VIR Enduro in October (with me as co-driver).

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

My brag is that I didn't spend twenty large racing this year and still had a ton of fun - even if there aren't guys racing stock cars in the NE. (Gotta check out these stock cars folks - cheaper to run than IT).

Got the rules changed for the Fiero - then abondoned the project. -

Got the rules changed to class the LS1 motor in GT1 so I can get my butt kicked but at least I'll be reacing in a class of more than 2-3. I have received many positive emails on this and several nastygrams also from old school GT1 guys who think fuel injection will be a disaster.

Won the SPO NYSRRC and second in the SPO NARRC - I'll take it, but not as satisfying as a fifth in the NARRC in ITS two years back.

ITS Entertainment brag - Watching Jeff Harding outspend and outdrive everybody but Rob Driscoll in the tightest championship decision ever - tied on points, wins, seconds and saw the championship decided by a 3rd place over a 4th to clinch for Driscoll. Rob and Jeff ought to get on here and brag on that. Add Nick Leverone to the NARRC championship race to try and beat Driscoll to help clinch for Jeff made it even better when it dawned on folks that a major team strategy rivalling F1 was in play - friggin way cool. How that race matchup never got reported in our sport publications is a shame.

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Hopefully you ar ecoming back to play in '08
    [/b]
    It doesn't look like that will happen for me in 08. It costs alot of money to come to S.P. from here what is it 6 times. ITA looks to be very exciting next year. I'll be watching. Good luck with your new ITA car Rob.
    Brad

Ben - if I spent $20g IT racing, I would have to quit racing to cover the resulting alimony and child support payments.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I got my competition license, ran 5 races, 3 2nd places, 1 blown pressure plate and a win in the final one.
    Then we sold my car for a profit!!!!!and in 2008 I start running a GTL Scirroco.
    Jeff Linfert
    Atlantic Auto Works
    We Install and Tune Megasquirt Systems
    #97 GTL Scirocco (for sale)
    ABA Corrado powered by MS3. 40+ MPG

Hi All, this year was a memorable one although not so much for the racing, broke my motor in MARRS 1 and haven't gotten it out of the car yet to see what went wrong... Congrats to Dave Parker on his win.

Got to drive my buddy Nick Craft's neato ITS VW Corrado in MARRS 8, that was fun! That VR6 motor is a crazy warbly sounding thing! Thanks Nick!

With a lot of work by Kearney Racing my new chassis for a HProd VW Scirocco is taking shape, hopefully with power from David Boles, and hopefully the new Scirocco will be on track in 2008.

I bought a nice 23' Class C motorhome from Craig Chima, maybe some of his speed (he's a multi-time national champion) will transfer to me osmotically somehow...

Nick and I think we have cured the problem with our ITB Volvo 142 by switching from MSD back to stock ignition, although a dyno run will be necessary to know for sure. I hope to have the Volvo on track next year in MARRS.

And finally, my wife Kathy and I had our first child: our son Devin Rhys Webb was born on November 20, 2007. I'm looking forward to have him be a little garage gnome with me, and hopefully he'll enjoy spending time at the track and maybe get into karting :-) Pics of Devin are at...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22082660@N05/
    Washington DC Region
    Scuderia Tortuga
    MARRS ITC Scirocco #12