After a year of delays and life getting in the way, the new IT site has finally begun to take shape...

So what's new?
We've moved to a new software package (VBulliten), and a new hosting company which is far less restrictive meaning that all the cool stuff you see on other forums will be available to IT.com.

Over the next few days (YES DAYS) the new site will be brought to the point where a DNS switchover from this forum to the new will be possible.

We'll probably do this around xmas time when traffic is low. That way the fewest # of posts will be lost (if any)

At first the site will look much like this and will not include any new functionality. We will test various new features and then implement those that the IT.com community feels are a benefit.

One of the things we wil be doing is purging many of the old user accounts. If you are a lurker you may want to post once or twice in the next week to assure that your account is not removed. We will be removing all accounts that have posted less than 3x or that have not logged in at all in the past year.
Member sfrom domains outside of the USA may want to open a gmail or yahoo type account as all foreign domains will be disabled to limit spam.

I want to apologize for the lack of support that you may have experienced over the past year. Life got very busy for your webmaster...However the skeleton crew of admins we put in place seem to have been holding down the fort quite nicely. To the moderator team I say THANK YOU!

I will be watching this thread over the next couple of weeks and will then be taking a more active roll in administering the site again for the early part of 2008.

Of course, since this is YOUR IT.com we are open to YOUR ideas, YOUR critiques and YOUR suggestions are welcomed. Please reply to this thread with your comments and especially with any links to other forums which have features and functionality that you think IT.com should look into implementing.

Happy Holidays and here's to the continued success of IT.com... 8 years and still going strong!