Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NNJR SCCA PRO IT SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM

Without a doubt. Lets get off the ground this year, prove ourselves to our sponsors and then at the end of the year then approach SCCA or another sanctioning body to be their support race. People love this form of racing and the show will be great.
    Proud sponsor of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

I was leaning more toward a Speed World-Challenge type format. Maybe use the Reward Weight system.

As of now we will run with regionals, but we are looking at being a support race as well, Pro events and Nationals. Plus the finale could be the showcase along with another pro group.

These would not be run during lunch.

Keep the ideas coming, this is our series.

Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony
    NNJR-RE
    www.NJRRS.com
    www.scca-nnjr.org

Happy Holidays to all from NNJR & SNJ. NJMP is one heck of a present for 2008!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Bob,

We might be interested in getting involved in something like this. I've been a long time SCCA racer and have many friends in the NE who we help, as well as, them helping us, during the course of a season. It would be nice to be a part of this on the ground floor. We offer a varied selection of products that we might be able to throw into the mix. Keep us posted !!

Phil & Kim Phillips
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Hi every one This looks a a good idea . I have started my own company this year and would be pleased to be concidered as a sponsor in return for some advertising for my prodcuts . Please contact me if you would like some other prizes to offer to the competitors. I would also be interested in racing in this program. Mark g Rosmar 77

Dear Mark and Phil,

Please call me Monday at work 1-800-275-4667 to discuss ideas and involvement of your companies in this program. Have a good weekend in the storm and we will speak Monday.

Thanks
    Bob Zecca

Thumbs up

I like where this idea is going. The only thing I think may need a little more thought is how the prize fund is distributed. I was reading the atlanta regions ruyles for Pro IT briefly. I think that maybe the percentages of what position gets how much should possibly chang so that more of the field gets something. Lets face it we race for nothing now so would it be better fpr more guys to get something to encourage them to race more? Just a thought.

Great idea to get more people racing. Count my cars in.

I was leaning more toward a Speed World-Challenge type format. Maybe use the Reward Weight system.

[/b]
    I think we need to go to a rewards weight system as well. Can't have the second place car getting lapped every race.

Have a Happy Holiday

Greg
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #84 Dodge Neon ACR ITA Enduro
    #74 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe TA SVRA
    #74 Pontiac Firebird Formula T2 Sold on its way to Arizona !
    #74 Dodge SRT-4 T2 Sold residing in Indiana

our driver suits are legal for 1 more year so we are certainly interested for 1 year of this and maybe more if we can win the suit!!!

2 ITB Audi Coupes
    1 ITS Porche 944s

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Lucky for us your suits are set to expire soon!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

to gran racing,
    Sory to get off topic but great book!!!!!!!
    Dan Deyo
    92 Acura Integra
    ITA #94

No need to apologize to me. (Thank you, I appreciate it!!)

I like the rewards weight system and think it would spice things up a bit. The only downside of that is if it would frustrate some people who run the series regularly and lost to someone who only enters one or a couple of events therefore has no weight penalty. Then again, it works the same way in WC. Yup, I still think it's an interesting idea.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

This sounds lile a great idea !...and even more incentive to get going on my new car !!

Would this be an "all classes out" race ( ie ITR thru -C ) ? And what happens when the car counts get high enough to warrant another run group ? Especially if SM's are going to run, they usually generate a decent amount of cars per race. Would a class or classes get axed for others ?

I look forward to running in B this summer... well that's the plan if me and the guys can stop doing this ----> and build a car....

John VanDenburgh

The initial set of rules (borrowed from Atlanta region) is located here:
    http://www.njrrs.com/proit.html

Please provide comment on this forum and the JRB will consider them for inclusion in the rules. Keep in mind, we want to keep things simple in 2008. Then expand further in 2009.

Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony
    NNJR-RE
    www.NJRRS.com
    "The BEST racing in the country"
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Dear Guys,

I will out of the country on vacation until next Friday. I will be closed for business starting tomorrow and unavailable. I want to wish everyone, your families and friends a safe and Happy Holiday and I will speak to you when I return. Please keep the ideas and momentum going. This is going to work!

Sincerely,
    Robert Zecca

Hi guys,

Finally back to work from vacation and the holidays. I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and now ready to tackle the new year and racing again. I see Darrell has been working hard on the rules and schedule of events. Please visit www.njrrs.com where you will find the updated rules for PRO - IT and schedule. Things are still in the growing stages but make sure you check the site weekly to see any changes. I will now start working with potential sponsors and anyone else who would like to get involved in this series. As always you can always write or call me to add your ideas or comments.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca
    1-800-275-4667
    www.teamdi.com

Is there an approximate timing when the schedule will be determined for these races?

From the site....

Fifty percent (50%) of each entry fee will be placed in the prize fund. Fifty percent (50%) of the prize fund will be paid out for each race; the remaining fifty percent (50%) will be accumulated for the end of the year championship pay out.[/b]
    I'm sorry but I have to ask - how does this impact the actual entry fees, meaning will they be 50% higher than normal?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

We are still working on the schedule but for 2008 we will mostly be with Regionals.

Very tentative.....
    05/10 - Sat Pro-IT - NNJR at Pocono - Pocono, Pa (Qual = 20 min, race = 45 min)
    06/?? - ???
    07/05 - Sat Pro-IT - Tri-Region at Pocono - Pocono, Pa (Qual = 20 min, race = 45 min)
    08/02 - ???
    08/23 - Sat Pro-IT - NNJR at NJMP (Lightning) - Millville, NJ (Qual = 20 min, race = 45 min)
    09/?? - ???
    10/18-19 - Sat & Sun Pro-IT (double finale) - NNJR at NJMP (Lightning) - Millville, NJ (Qual = 20 min, race 1 = 45 min, race 2 = 45 min)

We want to be at Lime Rock but the schedule and time constraints may keep us away. I'm asking if we can be part of the National in August. That timeline is extremely tight.

The South Jersey events at NJMP are in question since there will be other classes there (Pro F2000 in Sept.)
    We asked MoHud and NER about having Pro-IT at LRP and NHIS, waiting for reply on that.

As for the entry fee. Atlanta Region charges the same amount as a National, these will be National length races. If we do get an event at LRP the entry would be up to the host region. NNJR has the National race, that entry in 2007 was $425, the regionals were about $325. Have to think about that.

The other races will be more than the regional entry because you will be getting more track time as well as prize money to the top 3 in each class. The top 5 in each class will also get year end prize money.

Comments are welcome. Feel free to contact Bob Z. or myself. We will pass them along to the JRB.

Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony
    NNJR-RE
    email - reg-exec @ scca-nnjr.org
    www.SCCA-NNJR.org
    www.NJRRS.com
    www.NARRC.com
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Darrell,

Is the PRO IT entry separate from the entry for the weekend?? For example, on 5/10, there will be a full complement of IT races for the NARRC event and each competitor will have to pay $XXX entry fee. Any competitor who is also running the PRO IT race would then pay the PRO IT entry fee of $XXX. Is that correct???

Jay,
    Yes, full NARRC or JRRC race format with the addition of the Pro-IT race. A lot of track time for IT drivers.
    This is a separate race from the other races of that weekend. That is how the Atlanta Region does it.

This is another way to double dip but with this series you can at least win back some of your entry.

This is a Pro series, you win prize money per event (top 3 per class) and at the end of the year (top 5 per class).

Thanks for the question,
    Darrell

PS - More track time and 'interesting' events is what was asked for from the Drivers Committee and comments received. We are working on other 'interesting' formats for 2009 for other groups.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Sounds good. Now I need to find an ITA rx7 or something to add to the british car stable

Now I understand how the entry can be applied. My confusion was with the payout vs. the amount going to the region.

Now it is clear.

thanks

Jay