OK, I'm starting this to gather opinions, not to have this drug down some alternate path as has been done to like discussions in the past. I'll be purposely vague to avoid just that.

Sebring '06, I am racing mid pack and come upon a group of cars. Instantly, my eyes start to water and burn almost to the point where I can't see. Luckily, I have no cars around me except those in front of me, so I back off and in a few corners the condition subsides and I finish the race. Not exactly happy, but I'm OK with it because I didn't think too much of it.

Fast forward a year. I'm in a different car at the same track. Six laps into the race I run up on another group of cars and instantly my eyes start burning and watering again. Same model cars in front of me, although not the same exact cars. This time the watering is so bad I have to pull off to the side of the track and wave everyone by thus killing my race. This time I'm a bit more upset.

Anyone else have the same experience? I don't know if it's a fuel thing with the cars ahead or not, but I do know that it's not an exhaust thing with the car I'm driving. I've had that happen to me twice in two different cars also, and the symptoms are altogether different. I don't care to point fingers at the 'who', but I am very interested in sourcing out the 'what'. We don't seem to do much (if any) fuel testing here in CFR, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone was dabbling in some funny stuff. I am most concerned due to the safety issue that it raises on the track. If I was dicing, or if it happened again in a high-speed section of the track, like T1 @ Sebring or T12 @ RA, I'm not certain that it wouldn't cause a major incident.

Thoughts?