Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmer Motorsports Park gains local approval

Thanks for the update Dick, its great to see hard work pay off!!!

When should we start sending over our used tires to your house for tire walls that I hope never to visit !!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Huh. I thought that was "Little Shop of Horrors" Part Deaux... "[/b]
    Can't say I saw that one either....I know, I know..

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Here's a thought. I don't have the "250 large" to be a major investor but, like Jeff L, I would like to "help" make Palmer happen. I suspect that NER Investment, LLC might be interested in taking "contributions", with no ownership attached, to further it's efforts - Am I wrong about this Dick?

It would be a really great "grassroots" effort if we, (guys and girls like me), could contribute to the "Palmer Campaign". What do people think about making contributions for the facility without ownership? If this was a possibility, it might be worthwhile setting up a "link" to make a contribution via credit card on line. I would be willing to give back all of that NARRC money that's coming, to the Palmer Campaign. Someone once told me, "when you are building a racecar be mindful of your nuts and bolts - that's where all the weight comes from." What I am suggesting is, if we have a lot of "nuts and bolts" (the little pieces) we might end up with a fund that has too much weight - wouldn't that be great!

Maybe a credit card is too messy right now - how about a "pledge"? - We could pledge our support and send the money when all approvals are finalized - this might be easier for the treasurer.

Just a thought - what do you think?

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Here's a thought. I don't have the "250 large" to be a major investor but, like Jeff L, I would like to "help" make Palmer happen. I suspect that NER Investment, LLC might be interested in taking "contributions", with no ownership attached, to further it's efforts - Am I wrong about this Dick?

It would be a really great "grassroots" effort if we, (guys and girls like me), could contribute to the "Palmer Campaign". What do people think about making contributions for the facility without ownership? If this was a possibility, it might be worthwhile setting up a "link" to make a contribution via credit card on line. I would be willing to give back all of that NARRC money that's coming, to the Palmer Campaign. Someone once told me, "when you are building a racecar be mindful of your nuts and bolts - that's where all the weight comes from." What I am suggesting is, if we have a lot of "nuts and bolts" (the little pieces) we might end up with a fund that has too much weight - wouldn't that be great!

Maybe a credit card is too messy right now - how about a "pledge"? - We could pledge our support and send the money when all approvals are finalized - this might be easier for the treasurer.

Just a thought - what do you think?
    [/b]
    Tim - That is a fantastic idea if people are willing to help the cause. As the one doing the books on this venture, I can setup a PayPal account and accept donations. I will talk with the accountants regarding accepting donations. I am unaware of any issues, but I will find out.
    Jeremy Billiel

As the one doing the books on this venture, I can setup a PayPal account and accept donations. [/b]

Do you now want to re-think your donation Tim?? :P

I hope he's better with numbers than he is with figuring out whose wife is whose!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Jeff, touche'

Of course, he will respond with something like, "Hey, all I really NEED to know is who MY wife is...."
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jeff - We gotta let Jeremy off the hook - I beleive he was "courting" Carol for his own,
    sponsor I mean .

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I will support the "Palmer Campaign"... Let me know when it is set up.. Can we all get a bag of dirt from the ground breaking?

So, Dick, i was talking with a fellow member yesterday about the track, and he hadn't seen any plans . Maybe you could post a scan of it for us, or a link? It's exciting to think that this is gaining momentum.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

[attachmentid=1238]This plan is a bit old, but it is the only small file I have right now. There are connector link so it can be cut into two small courses for schools. 2.14 miles, run in either direction, 185 feet of elevation change.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Cool, thanks! Question: What does the purple signify? areas to be excavated for the course? And I assume the lines on the course are elevation markers. What does each one represent, a foot?
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Purple is cut or fill. Basically grading in order to get back to natural grade although that has been reduced some with some retaining walls and other tweaking. Numbers on track are every 100 feet. Red lines are 10’ blue lines are 2 ‘.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Has it been determined if it will be a CW or CCW track?

What is the appx elevation change per lap?

Looks like fun! Thx for the hard work.

Looks like it can be run in either direction (I hope SCCA choses the direction that results in more braking at the end of a straight off a tricky corner so it races well) and it appears it's almost 200 feet up, and down. per lap.

For reference, what's Lime Rock, 40 or so? And Road Atlanta is about, (I'd guess, 80?)

So, very hilly in such a short run.

[attachmentid=1238]This plan is a bit old, but it is the only small file I have right now. There are connector link so it can be cut into two small courses for schools. 2.14 miles, run in either direction, 185 feet of elevation change. [/b]
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Has it been determined if it will be a CW or CCW track?

What is the appx elevation change per lap?

Looks like fun! Thx for the hard work.
    [/b]
    The track is intended to go clockwise. The elevation will be very fun... That's all I will say! :P
    Jeremy Billiel

The track is intended to go clockwise. The elevation will be very fun... That's all I will say! :P
    [/b]
    Jake is right, the grades have been kept to a level that it should be able to run in both directions.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Just for reference, I checked, and Road Atlanta is 2.45 miles, (About a mile longer than Lime Rock), and has elevation changes of about 80 -90 feet, according to the topographical map I found.

So, this track, which is a bit shorter then RA will have twice teh elevation changes. Hilly indeed.

When do the bulldozers roll?! I want to be there for the opening "Dozer day!"
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I did comment how I really hoped it had hills. Awesome!!!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I did comment how I really hoped it had hills. Awesome!!!
    [/b]
    When you walk the property you really get an idea of the flow of the track and I must say that it will be fun. Lots of elevation changes with fast and slower sections.
    Jeremy Billiel

Haven't heard any updates in quite a while now. How are things progressing (hopefully it still is)? What's left before ground breaking can begin? Any idea when it will be up and running? I really hope this track is still moving forward.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing