I was one of the principals behind assembling the ITR class in 2006. As some of you know, I am a huge Ford fan as well. I lobbied for inclusion of select V8 Mustangs into ITR (and some Camaros too) however end the end they were not included because some members felt there would be opposition to them from the higher ups. I'm not that political of an animal myself so I bowed to those more learned in such matters than I.

ITR is doing well though and I think it would be a good time to introduce these cars that will fit into the ITR framework. I am drafting up an ITR inclusion proposal and would like feedback from Ford fans. I would also like to know how many Ford IT racers would be interested in building a ITR Mustang.

Right now the Mustang I think would be a decent fit is the SN95 1994/1995 (Fox 4) 5L with the 215hp 5L V8. This car is the only one of the series which had disc brakes stock (other than the 93 Cobra and SVOs). I do not want to introduce a "mix and match" Mustang as described in a thread about a year ago. We firmly will propose this with 100% IT rules set. We could also consider other Mustangs in the proposal if there is interest, but do not ask to fit a 86 GT with [rear] disc brakes, and so on. This is IT, not AS or NASA American Iron.

For GM fans reading this I would like your help. I don't know so much about the Camaro/Firebirds. I know that some were available with a 305 with a five speed in the 80s and maybe early 90s, before the 4th gen F body. I need more details on these cars, year models they were available, and so forth. The 350 based GM cars are too far outside the ITR performance envelope.

Thanks, and remember the main purpose for this in the Ford forum is to find out how many souls would consider the construction of a Mustang for ITR.