Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Jersey Motorsports Park

I thought I remembered a plan where the two tracks were combined, but this new plan shows them to be completely seperate. What are the different lengths? Also, anyone know the current status of Tamworth? It seems pretty stalled. I wonder what happened to the money some people invested.....
    [/b]
    The official ground breaking ceremony was held yesterday. Chris Economaki was the featured guest of the event and will have the media building named after him. There were about 40 - 50 SCCA folks at the ceremony (thanks should go out to JD King for organizing the turnout and the party afterwards). At least 4 regions were represented in the crowd (South Jersey, Northern New Jersey, Philly Region, and WDC region).

Jake,
    I believe Lightning is 1.9 miles while Thunderbolt will be 2.25 miles. I can't answer the question on the change in configuration, maybe someone a little more involved in the project could answer that. A 4 mile track does take considerably more volunteers to populate than the two proposed configurations.
    Bill Etherington
    NNJR Tech

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quite impressive. NJMP is the real thing, look for SCCA to be there in 2008.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

My biggest fear for this track was lack of elevation change (since most/all of South Jersey is flat and sandy), but someone that was at the construction site a few weeks ago told me they are moving massive quantities of dirt to make elevation changes. St least one bowl turn ala Nurburgring or Summit Point Shenandoah.

I have also also heard the Grand Am has signed to run Rolex and Koni there Labor Day weekend in 2008.

Paving has started.
    Check http://www.scca-nnjr.org for the latest photos.

SCCA has 4 dates on the schedule for 2008
    07/18-20 - SNJ NARRC Regional New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning) - Millville, NJ
    08/22-24 - NNJR Regional New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning) - Millville, NJ
    09/19-21 - SNJ Regional New Jersey Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt) - Millville, NJ
    10/17-19 - NNJR Regional 'Throwdown - NARRC vs. ??????' - New Jersey Motorsports Park (Lightning) - Millville, NJ

Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

It's really a shame that they made it two separate tracks, but nonetheless, it's going to be great to have another track in the NE.

It's really a shame that they made it two separate tracks, but nonetheless, it's going to be great to have another track in the NE. [/b]
    Two that can be connected.....no?

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy,
    The two tracks could be connected in the future, I think the track is keeping that option open. The connector tracks would run on each side of the clubhouse. They may have initially went with two unconnected tracks to get the facility operational faster.

By the way, I have seen that ARCA has Thunderbolt on its schedule for September 28th, SVRA will be there August 7 - 10, the Shelby club (SAAC) will have their annual convention at the track August 15 - 17, and Grand-Am/Ferrari Challenge is tentaively at the track on August 30 - 31 (it is listed on the Ferrari Challenge schedule). With the NNJR regional there (Lightning course) on August 22 - 24 it makes for a busy August.
    Bill Etherington
    NNJR Tech