Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revisions to CMP?

Naw, it's still there. Go to the CMP webpage.

Nice day garages though. might have to rent one of those puppies to stay out of the sand and fire ants.

Not sure about this whole track rework. In fact, part of me says, what's the point?

We trade one braking zone - 13 -- for WAY more speed into 14. I'll reserve judgment till I drive it, but right now......hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I think from a "Save the brakes" point of view you are 100% correct. You still might have a brake fire and disappear into the lake at turn #1.

However I think it might give the track a better flow. I like CMP the way it was, but this might improve the flow a bit and improve the what the "haters" think about it. Those garages might be the ticket. I've been bitten and chewed on by the indigenous wildlife at CMP more than my share.

Those garages might be the ticket. I've been bitten and chewed on by the indigenous wildlife at CMP more than my share.
    [/b]
    I don't think that will help with what you guys get bitten by at night down there.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I am disappointed in this. I was told that 14 was to be rounded off to take the braking pressure out of that segment as well. From looking at this not nearly enough braking has been taken out and not nearly enough brake cooling has been added.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

I don't think that will help with what you guys get bitten by at night down there.
    [/b]

Would that be shot sucking, titty flapping road whores by chance?

Tom Sprecher

Steve, we need to get you out of that trailer more.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I really like CMP the way it was (although not because of the last turn) and will probably like it more now. Anything to make that turn a more gradual transition to the front straight will be welcomed. I do hope that they do away with the big elephant turds on drivers left coming out of the turn.....not that I have, um, ever gotten out there onto, um, those.... or any such thing.....
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

[/b]
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

[/b]
    We've never seen any of those in Camden. Now we have seen some young folks out that liked drinking shots, showing their bosums, and seem to enjoy the company of others, but it had nothing to do with roads.

Seriously guys, Camden is a place with class. All you folks that won't set foot out of Lugoff need to come on down to the Jeff and Ron Late Night Camden tour. Bring lots of asprin, some money, and be aware in case of a row you are obliged to lend a helping hand.

Rob, how much does your car weigh? Do you have caliper ducts, rotor hats, and ducts to the inside of the rotor?

It is nice seeing CMP go from a British Club course designed for small bore touring cars by Alan Wilson. To a course that will reflect "Big Thunder" of American V-8's and the Zoom-Zoom of the Rotaries, Americans like to hustle a car around and carry some speed into the corners. They just need to add a little more radius and run out to the last corner coming on to the front straight.....reduce the rumble stoppers on the inside radius. The ASA Southern Asphalt series GT cars on steriods will be staging a spectator race (heavens forbid/insurance and everyother reasosn the club holds a deterent to people wanting to watch) this year. CMP could move from a secret play for us club types to actually getting some recognition. Maybe CMP will be more than Area 51 for race cars.

I like what I see so far. I never liked CMP before, the front section of the track was great fun but the back section was just absolutely horrible. No flow, just a hopeless series of 2nd gear autoX corners. Now it looks like the track will flow a lot better and we may be down to only two 2nd gear corners. Turn 14 should now be a decent overtaking proposition as opposed to the bonzai one it was before.

I'll certainly give CMP another shot!

So what do you think these revisions are worth in lap time? Half a second? One second? I'm getting excited about it! However I do share some of the concerns about brake torture. I also think that opening up turn 14 exacerbates the issue of the placement of the Start/Finish line. If I'm side-by-side for the win I guess you'll have to deliver my trophy to the sand trap (or the pond).

I've been waffling on the CCPS race in Feb. but this may be enough to get me out!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Steve & Ron get those Z cars ready for CMP. I may come shot pics if the weather isn't too bad...... :snow_cool:

Steve, someone at the Sandbox claims to have done some data analysis, and suggested that a 2:00 lap would be 1:56 on the new config. That means you are looking at 1:30 buddy!

I agree with you about the S/F line. They need to move it BACK. It will be well past the "new" braking zone for Turn 1.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff... If that's the case then Steve Eckerich could probably lap himself!

I hope you bring the Lucas fired British Racing Green Z eater out for the CCPS... Let's play!

Mark... I hope to have a new paint job for you to photograph. I'll be watching the weather...
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Me and Ron are planning on it, to get a jump on the new config for the March double SARRC. Plus, it's a Saturday only which is nice.

Hope to see you there. Car is having the rear end rebuilt, but should be done on time.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff... If that's the case then Steve Eckerich could probably lap himself!

[/b]
    Unless you are offering a co-drive I doubt that will happen. My car is heading South to it's new owner. I will be running the new EP RX7 in the National but am always open to drive. Anyone need a closer???
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Steve P., I don't know, what do you think? I think Steve E. just couldn't handle a no-braked, live rear axle, torque monster? It ain't no girly RX7.......lol......

wink wink
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yeah, Jeff. I get a chuckle thinking about Steve E. getting into one of our cars as a closer after we melted all of the goodie off of the brakes in the first half of a race at CMP. He'd get to the end of the back staight on his out lap to find out that the middle pedal on our cars really doesn't do anything! The short cut from turn 11 to turn 14 would make for some interesting video!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

You guys use brakes there??? Now I see your problem. :P
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7