Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCPS at CCR CMP National

You have that correct Steve. We made both qualifiers for CCPS and the National. Gives you the best chance at a good lap. Also gives both drivers a chance to set pole. It's all about the fun factor!!:026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

One TR8 loaded on trailer and ready to go....with new 15" rims.....and new carburetors....we'll see how it does I guess.

Anyone running the test day? We plan to unless work interferes.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    One TR8 loaded on trailer and ready to go....with new 15" rims.....and new carburetors....we'll see how it does I guess.

I guess I should get out there and start putting the motor back in mine. I'd normally wait until Wednesday but it looks like I'm behind! No test day for me... Save me a space!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

We actually rented one of the new garages, but we'll have paddock space too I am sure for the rigs, etc. Cold beers for you and Brian when you arrive.

Steve E., I need your take offs! Oh wait, you don't have any any more. Took a damn year to get 15" rims and now I have 13 of them...crazy.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post
    I guess I should get out there and start putting the motor back in mine. I'd normally wait until Wednesday but it looks like I'm behind! No test day for me... Save me a space!
    Now if you'd just leave the motor where you left it in the car when you put it on the trailer you won't have these problems......

Good luck getting ready and looking forward to seeing you guys down there!

R
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 02-10-2008 at 11:35 PM.

hey jeff , i can bring u some take-off also, just like steve's (225-45-15). u can flip them over to get some more laps out of them.let me know , maybe i can bring them to cmp. ralph mcc

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post

Jeff,

We'll be going down for the test day as well.....looking forward to seeing you there.

Went down for one of the two test days recently and I think most liked the new track configuration. Definitely faster.....

Any trips to the Far Side planned?

Already loaded up and ready to go? Gheesh.
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2008 SAARC IT-7 3rd Overall
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    #4 Car>>>Sad State of Affairs

Tell me about it man, this is a first for me. A whole week in advance, and I have TWO sets of calipers ready to go on the car for the inevitable brake meltdown......how is the new layout on brakes?

Definitely headed to the FarScape Saturday night. You are welcome to join in the "fun" -- you haven't lived till you've done shots at the Foxes Den at 4 a.m., illegally, in Camden.

Ralph, thanks for the offer. If you have any take offs, I'd be interested in 4 as a set of practice tires -- thanks man! I appreciate it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I just sold all 24 tires I had left this week--so now I don't have takeoffs anymore. All slicks from now on.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

I thought Kent and Katie were going to run?? What happened?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Jeff,

Am sure you will arrive at your own conclusion fairly early on. I can't see how it could not be some better on your brakes in that subject section....on the other hand, it is much faster approaching the last turn....I'll find it interesting to hear whether or not you think there is any overall improvement as far as your brakes are concerned.

We'll see ya down there and just may join you if we stay around for Sunday activities.
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion

How much faster do you think? It looks like the braking zone to 12 has been "reduced" although I never used the brake there much anyway. 13 brake zone is gone right? And then much faster into what used to be 14?

I'd be shifting into 4th just before getting on the brake there before, so maybe 90 mph for me? How about you?

And now more speed into turn 1?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I think you have it.......13 brake zone is pretty much gone. I haven't quite yet figured out whether it will be better to make "2 turns" out of the reconfigured 12-13 area (kinda like 1-2 at Roebling), or just treat it as a sweeper; it is definitely faster for me either way. And the smoother transition through 14 can't help but equate to some additional MPH at the end of the front straight going into 1.

Do I ever get up to 90 MPH?

See ya there!

Cheers.
    Gary Gentry
    NC Region
    #4 IT7/ITA
    2008 CCPS ITA Champion
    2009 CCPS IT-7 Champion
    2010 CCPS IT-7 Champion

jeff, we are planning to do test day also . will you at least 4 tires . see you friday morn. we are bringing the white car (its# 90) for katie & kent to share ! lets go racing !!!

Race results are up on Mylaps. Congratulations to Jeff McCandless for getting his first ITS win right out of drivers school! Kent and Katie co-drove the white RX to 2nd. Mike Lacombe was the last ITS car still running and took home the 3rd place trophy. The rest of the ITS field was a sad story. Travers Tapper didn't even make it to the green flag before getting punted into the tire wall. When will people learn that there is no trophy for winning turn 1? Next, Ron Earp played bumper tag with an SRF and beached his Z in turn 4. Jeff Young Esq had a strong qualifying and start until his Triumph failed to produce oil pressure leaving him stranded in turn 4. Let's hope he shut it down in time. (Check those bearings!). I didn't get to speak to him personally but it appeared that Anthony Stauffers 944 had a spectacular failure to contain the moving bits within the confines of the engine block. Nice job of getting off of the track and not oiling down the kink. As for me, I had a great qualifying lap, starting on the front row. I held the overall lead for most of the race only to break a transmission with 4 laps to go. I joined the racecar boneyard in turn 4!

It looked like there were some other great races in the other classes. IT7 and SM had quite a few cars. I'll let those guys give us a race recap.

Thanks to CCR for putting on a great event. I hope everyone can get their cars fixed for round 2 of the CCPS at VIR March 8-9.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Sorry I missed this Steve. Car sounds like it was flying till 4 laps to go. How's the new layout at CMP?

The new layout is great! It didn't take long to get comfortable with the new turn 12-13 complex. I didn't notice much of a difference in turn 14. The repave in the carousel made that section much better. Over all, the track just had great grip.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

"it appeared that Anthony Stauffers 944 had a spectacular failure to contain the moving bits within the confines of the engine block."

official analysis revealed that the starter fell off causing a hole in the oil pan.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Quote Originally Posted by Team SSR View Post
    official analysis revealed that the starter fell off causing a hole in the oil pan.
    That's good news!! I hope you didn't hurt the motor. Will you be running at VIR?
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Much like Smokey Yunicks reason for retiring from the '61 Daytona 500, the "official anaylsis" bears little resemblance to the truth. We actually spun a rod bearing. The good news is we were already building a spare engine so we should be ready for VIR in March.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54