Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CCPS at CCR CMP National

Schedule is set for the Feb 16/17 National,CCPS at CMP. By popular demand the CCPS race will be run Saturday. You will get a 25 minute Qualifier first group Sat, A 20 minute qualifier mid day, and a 45 minute Race Saturday afternoon for $180. We juggled the groups around to let those running the national in eligible classes have a group in between theirs and the CCPS to accomodate as many drivers as possible. Treat it as a 45 minute practice if they need more track time. This means the CCPS drivers should try to get there Friday night to tech, or get with your region tech official to get your annual done if possible. It could get real crowded Saturday morning and you do not want to miss track time sitting in tech. Hope to see you all there.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Great price for that amount of track time. Count one TR8 and one 260z in.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Just saw the scheduling and event info on the ccrscca.com website...

NATIONAL RACE $295.00 (add $10 for SRF, FE & SM) Note: 13 laps of CMP = 47 miles.
    CCPS CAROLINA CUP $180.00 (add $10 for SRF & SM) 45 Minute Race
    Combined Entry Fee $425.00 (add $10 for SRF, FE & SM)
    Camping fee $ 50.00
    Late Fee - 10 days before the event $ 50.00
    Make checks payable to CCR-SCCA

Camping fee for CMP is now $50.00. I sure hope the track upgrades inculde new showers. Seems kind of high for the condition of the facilities, I don't think the CMP facilities are on par with VIR. But, now CMP is charging fees as if they are VIR.

JimW
    Jim Wray
    #4 ITB Wraycer Wrabbit
    Greensboro, NC

The camping fee is for hookup for motorhomes and toters. I do not think you will be paying for anything else. We have to pay the guards to stay all night or the gate will be locked at 10 pm like some other races there. We want people to be able to come in during the night and sign the waiver and get parked. Trying to make it more racer friendly. Power is still $20 I think for the track. CCR has nothing to do with these fees.

I have had calls about what is the CCPS race.

CCPS is a 45 minute race that is open to all IT,SSB,SSC,T3,SRF,and Spec Miata. The series does pay money so be sure to register. I do not know the payout per race or year end but will post a link to their website soon or it is linked to the CCR site. Hope to see you all there.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Who's coming in ITS?

Ron Earp -- 260z, Jeff Young -- TR8, Steve Parrish -- 240z I think.

Is the online registration up yet? If not, what's the deal?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Trying to talk David Spillman into running as well.

Me and #1 son Anthony will be there - 944
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

More informaytion on upgrades to CMP:

More from Joe Hooker:

We are trying to get the word out about the changes at CMP and test day opportunities before the February national. Was hoping you could send out an email to your faithful following.

We are as of today in the middle of paving the revised turns 12-13 and 14 of the track. 12 and 13 are completely new and should be significantly faster and answer the criticisms of the track being too tight and hard on brakes. Turn 14 has been revised by adding 16 feet to the inside of the corner, making the corner radius larger, read faster. You can access a new track map on our website,
    www.carolinamotorsportspark.com . In addition to the new sections, we are repaving all of the racing line on the rest of the corners on the existing track, giving effectively a new surface where it matters.

Several other things are new. Just finished paving on a new 200 foot diameter, 50 foot wide, wet or dry skid pad. It will be available for rent wet or dry by the hour, half day, or day.

24 day garages are under construction now. Each space is 15 x 25 covered concrete space, with 2 dedicated 20 amp 110v circuits per bay. Rates are $75/ day or $200 for the 3 day weekend. Reservations are being accepted for any date in 2008 now. Form is on the website for reservations.

Over 1200 feet of paddock roads have been paved as well, including the front road that runs parallel to the pit lane.

Pictures of all the above on the website.

We now take credit cards for both race fuel and test day fees.

We are scheduled to reopen with all of the above facilities up and running on February 2-3 which is a Palmetto Motorsports Club weekend and Turn One Track Days event. It will be available to any one that wants to participate drivers ed or race. Members run free, others are $190 two weeks before the date $ 225 at the gate. Drivers ed is higher for instructor cost.

We also are having three test days before the SCCA national. Wednesday and Thursday are semi private testing, 10 cars each, open and closed wheel, 30 minute sessions, $500 each day. Friday is the standard prerace test day. Again $190 two weeks in advance, $225 at the gate.

Any questions call the track, 803-475-2448 as for Toni, admin; Brian, or Jochen, Track Mgrs; or you can call/ email me hookracer "at" hotmail "dot" com.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Ron Earp -- 260z, Jeff Young -- TR8, Steve Parrish -- 240z I think.

Is the online registration up yet? If not, what's the deal?
    Online is up now on DLB.

I found the site, but how do you register for the Carolina Cup there?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 01-17-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Is this it?
    http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubd...x?EventID=3137

Yep, I'll try to be there too if it's a one day event.

timo

Look for the Carolina Cup banner inside the track. We will either have a table set up or come into the motorhome. We will except CCPS annual registration up to one hour before the start of the CCPS race, so don't panic before practice starts.
    Thanks,
    Estus
    CCPS Administrator

we are planning to to run the white car (its#90) for the ccp , kent & katie are looking forward to it ...... me too!

We were planning to go, and Righty still might, but I'll be winging my way to a week's vacation in sunny Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

I'll be there representing ITC with my 91 Civic, time to play on the 'New' CMP!!! Track updates are looking sweet, can't wait! What are the rules for using the skidpad?

Come on ITC racers, where are you??? CMP is a Killer track for us!!! Load up the track everyone, great track time for the $$$! Get that first 2008 event done and get rid of the winter cobwebs!!! Bonus is we get to watch the national guys!

Matt Douglas
    Greensboro, NC
    Douglas-Racing.com

So far, here's the weather forecast for Saturday the 16th.... Let's hope this holds up!

SunnyHigh
    58°F

Precip
    10%

Also, the entry list for the CCPS is healthy. 7 drivers in IT7, 1 each in ITA and B, 3 in ITC, 9 in ITS (plus Thompson if he comes), 14 SM, and 4 Spec racers. There's still room for more!! Come on out and play.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Due to the cancellation of the race in Atlanta we are going to waive late fees for anyone who wants to enter at CMP. You will only have to pay extra if you wait to enter at the track. DLB will be open until Tuesday at best. If you plan to run please get registered now. Looks like a big CCPS group.:026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

The schedule for the CCPS race shows a 25 minute qualifying, a 20 min qualifying, then a 45 min race. Just to be clear, there are dual qualifiers with the best time making up the grid? It looks like a lot of track time for the $ !!!!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX