Thread: CCPS at CCR CMP National

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ron Earp -- 260z, Jeff Young -- TR8, Steve Parrish -- 240z I think.

Is the online registration up yet? If not, what's the deal?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Trying to talk David Spillman into running as well.

Me and #1 son Anthony will be there - 944
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

More informaytion on upgrades to CMP:

More from Joe Hooker:

We are trying to get the word out about the changes at CMP and test day opportunities before the February national. Was hoping you could send out an email to your faithful following.

We are as of today in the middle of paving the revised turns 12-13 and 14 of the track. 12 and 13 are completely new and should be significantly faster and answer the criticisms of the track being too tight and hard on brakes. Turn 14 has been revised by adding 16 feet to the inside of the corner, making the corner radius larger, read faster. You can access a new track map on our website,
    www.carolinamotorsportspark.com . In addition to the new sections, we are repaving all of the racing line on the rest of the corners on the existing track, giving effectively a new surface where it matters.

Several other things are new. Just finished paving on a new 200 foot diameter, 50 foot wide, wet or dry skid pad. It will be available for rent wet or dry by the hour, half day, or day.

24 day garages are under construction now. Each space is 15 x 25 covered concrete space, with 2 dedicated 20 amp 110v circuits per bay. Rates are $75/ day or $200 for the 3 day weekend. Reservations are being accepted for any date in 2008 now. Form is on the website for reservations.

Over 1200 feet of paddock roads have been paved as well, including the front road that runs parallel to the pit lane.

Pictures of all the above on the website.

We now take credit cards for both race fuel and test day fees.

We are scheduled to reopen with all of the above facilities up and running on February 2-3 which is a Palmetto Motorsports Club weekend and Turn One Track Days event. It will be available to any one that wants to participate drivers ed or race. Members run free, others are $190 two weeks before the date $ 225 at the gate. Drivers ed is higher for instructor cost.

We also are having three test days before the SCCA national. Wednesday and Thursday are semi private testing, 10 cars each, open and closed wheel, 30 minute sessions, $500 each day. Friday is the standard prerace test day. Again $190 two weeks in advance, $225 at the gate.

Any questions call the track, 803-475-2448 as for Toni, admin; Brian, or Jochen, Track Mgrs; or you can call/ email me hookracer "at" hotmail "dot" com.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Ron Earp -- 260z, Jeff Young -- TR8, Steve Parrish -- 240z I think.

Is the online registration up yet? If not, what's the deal?
    Online is up now on DLB.

I found the site, but how do you register for the Carolina Cup there?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 01-17-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Is this it?
    http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubd...x?EventID=3137

Yep, I'll try to be there too if it's a one day event.

timo

Look for the Carolina Cup banner inside the track. We will either have a table set up or come into the motorhome. We will except CCPS annual registration up to one hour before the start of the CCPS race, so don't panic before practice starts.
    Thanks,
    Estus
    CCPS Administrator

we are planning to to run the white car (its#90) for the ccp , kent & katie are looking forward to it ...... me too!