Thread: CCPS at CCR CMP National

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We were planning to go, and Righty still might, but I'll be winging my way to a week's vacation in sunny Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

I'll be there representing ITC with my 91 Civic, time to play on the 'New' CMP!!! Track updates are looking sweet, can't wait! What are the rules for using the skidpad?

Come on ITC racers, where are you??? CMP is a Killer track for us!!! Load up the track everyone, great track time for the $$$! Get that first 2008 event done and get rid of the winter cobwebs!!! Bonus is we get to watch the national guys!

Matt Douglas
    Greensboro, NC
    Douglas-Racing.com

So far, here's the weather forecast for Saturday the 16th.... Let's hope this holds up!

SunnyHigh
    58°F

Precip
    10%

Also, the entry list for the CCPS is healthy. 7 drivers in IT7, 1 each in ITA and B, 3 in ITC, 9 in ITS (plus Thompson if he comes), 14 SM, and 4 Spec racers. There's still room for more!! Come on out and play.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Due to the cancellation of the race in Atlanta we are going to waive late fees for anyone who wants to enter at CMP. You will only have to pay extra if you wait to enter at the track. DLB will be open until Tuesday at best. If you plan to run please get registered now. Looks like a big CCPS group.:026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

The schedule for the CCPS race shows a 25 minute qualifying, a 20 min qualifying, then a 45 min race. Just to be clear, there are dual qualifiers with the best time making up the grid? It looks like a lot of track time for the $ !!!!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

You have that correct Steve. We made both qualifiers for CCPS and the National. Gives you the best chance at a good lap. Also gives both drivers a chance to set pole. It's all about the fun factor!!:026:
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

One TR8 loaded on trailer and ready to go....with new 15" rims.....and new carburetors....we'll see how it does I guess.

Anyone running the test day? We plan to unless work interferes.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8