Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCPS at CCR CMP National

Ok guys, time for some input. I will be doing the schedule for the CMP National Feb. 16/17 and want to get as many of you as possible to run the Carolina Pro Cup. Would you be more likely to race if we have all your sessions on Saturday so it is a one day affair or move the race into Sunday. Please give your opinion if you actually plan to run the race.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

[quote]
    Ok guys, time for some input. I will be doing the schedule for the CMP National Feb. 16/17 and want to get as many of you as possible to run the Carolina Pro Cup. Would you be more likely to race if we have all your sessions on Saturday so it is a one day affair

Yes to the above...............

We could not do a two day- get it all in Saturday and I think two more cars can make it (SSC and SM).
    Steve Strickland
    2006 Mazda MX5- T4/ ITS
    1990 Honda Civic ITB
    2000 Mazda Protege ITB
    SARRC Comm Chair
    ITAC

Steve...(Lobbying hard here). Two cars ready to race. Asking for a ticket to ride? I would favor the one day as we would not run the national race.

Thanx for your consideration Steve. We want to race your series.

Rob Bodle
    Terra-X RaceSport and Photography

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Rob. Go to the CCPS website and contact Estus White about car classing. I can only host the race by their rules. We would like to have you.

Have you run CMP and what lap times do your cars turn there. Fast S time is 1:51-1:52.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Rob. Go to the CCPS website and contact Estus White about car classing. I can only host the race by their rules. We would like to have you.

Have you run CMP and what lap times do your cars turn there. Fast S time is 1:51-1:52. [/b]

Steve or anyone,

Can anyone tell me why there is a manditory 2 minute pit stop in a 45 min race in the ccps?

Thanks

Have you run CMP and what lap times do your cars turn there. Fast S time is 1:51-1:52.
    [/b]
    I have spoken with CCPS officials at VIR in October and have emailed everyone with an email address on the website. I am told that they will discuss our request at the year end meeting. I was not rejected out of hand as ECR has done and so, I am hopeful.

Any word from you to them would be helpful.

As to CMP, we have no laps there. We passed on the track last season out of concern over brake and tire wear. The new configuration is supposed to ease both and allow more time for brake cooling. We plan on running both cars in the February NASA 3 hour enduro to get some laps there and see how the cars hold up to the new CMP layout.

Right now we are fast where we have experience and slow where we do not. 1:39 to 1:42 at Road Atlanta(lots of laps). 2:17 to 2:20 at VIR Full course(few laps).

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Ron and I have been thinking about making this race. Being done on Saturday would make it way more attractive. That'd be two S cars that DO NOT run 1:51-52........and I only know of one that does......lol......
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Steve or anyone,

Can anyone tell me why there is a manditory 2 minute pit stop in a 45 min race in the ccps?

Thanks
    [/b]
    Long story short Dan, it makes it possible for 2 drivers to share the car without it costing them the race. Run it yourself or split it. Just let me know if you need that BMW worn out for half a race. :026: I'm slow there but I could try.

I will see what we can do for you Rob. I think your cars would fit fine at CMP.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

We plan to attend and would greatly appreciate a Saturday race.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Long story short Dan, it makes it possible for 2 drivers to share the car without it costing them the race. Run it yourself or split it. Just let me know if you need that BMW worn out for half a race. :026: I'm slow there but I could try.
    [/b]

Thanks for the explaniation Steve but I can't understand why anyone would need or want another driver for a 45 minute race. I could understand if the race was 3 hrs or longer but 45 mn. this is still a short race IMO.

Thanks for the explaniation Steve but I can't understand why anyone would need or want another driver for a 45 minute race. I could understand if the race was 3 hrs or longer but 45 mn. this is still a short race IMO.
    [/b]
    My brother and I co-drive CCPS races regularly. It allows us to run one race and take home two "finishes" for renewing our licenses.

Oh, and we'd be more likely to run if it was all on Saturday. Honestly, though, mid-Feb might be tough for me to make.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

I will see what we can do for you Rob. I think your cars would fit fine at CMP.
    [/b]
    I just looked at some American Iron lap times from last season. Our cars fall into that class as well. They were running times mostly between 53 and 55 at CMP. Loose in. I saw a 51 on one sunday race and only one guy in the 51s.

I doubt I would be anywhere near that starting off.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

I just looked at some American Iron lap times from last season. Our cars fall into that class as well. They were running times mostly between 53 and 55 at CMP. Loose in. I saw a 51 on one sunday race and only one guy in the 51s.

I doubt I would be anywhere near that starting off.
    [/b]

FYI - American Iron Lap Record at CMP is 1:48.8 (5/1/2005 - A. Kirby - Mustang)

Last AI race I saw there, I believe this was 2003, the top three were in the 49s.
    Adam in Charlotte
    #42 ITA CRX Si

I co-drive with Captain Who. I'd very much like to take care of everything on Saturday. I'll try to get us there. Can't wait to see the new layout. Love the CCPS, too. As Captain Who said, it allows us broke folks the chance to race more easily.

Scott "Right Nut" Franklin
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

The Kirby car is an AIX car. See the results below. The fast AI lap was 1.51.9. The Kirby car ran a .48.8, but in SCCA terms would be an SPO car.
    http://www.nasaracing.net/CMP_May_07/resul...r%20050507.html

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

FYI - American Iron Lap Record at CMP is 1:48.8 (5/1/2005 - A. Kirby - Mustang)

Last AI race I saw there, I believe this was 2003, the top three were in the 49s.
    [/b]

LR taken from http://www.nasaracing.net/NASA%20LAP%20REC..._FINAL_2007.xls

They typically ran within a tenth or two of the Honda Challenge H1 fast laps. The H1 LR at CMP is a 1:48.926.

Adam in Charlotte
    #42 ITA CRX Si

The Saturday only schedule is always appreciated on this type of weekend. I don't know if we'll be able to make it but a single day event makes it more likely.

One thing you could do to get a crowd is guarantee sunny and 65 degrees! If I recall, this past Feb was cold, cold rain.

Steve
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

For you Steve we will have sunny and 71. :026: It was cold last year but no rain. A week later it was almost 65. Luck of the draw. Looks like the Saturday only is the race of choice so we will make it happen. Should work to have the race last session of the day.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Thanks, Steve... I'll make sure to have some sunscreen ready.

Just a suggestion, but you might look at the late entry rules when putting together the supps. It seems that over the last few years most regions have escalated the late entry fees up to and beyond $50 and in some cases entries at the track are forbidden. I know that this is intended to encourage us to send in the entry early but for someone riding the fence it might be enough to push them away. That could be especially true for a possible cold weather race weekend. Just a thought...

I can't wait to see the revisions to the track. I hope I can make it!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX