Bill, we run well attended doubles in teh SEDiv. quite a bit. Daytona, Roebling, etc. They can work, and do for us.

But, I understand the MARRS preference for a three day event at a track those guys don't normally run at. That's fine, and makes sense to me. All I am saying is that IT WON'T HAPPEN (not yelling at you) if the compromise position that is reached does not address NCR's concerns. NCR wants a two day double, and can run one smoothly. You can debate whether it is a good idea or not, but they are good at getting two races in on a weekend. VIR runs smoothly and one time.

So, back to the original proposal to start this thread -- if we have an optional Friday morning practice, and Friday afternoon qual, all for the same price as those just running two days, do we have something that while not perfect, actually works for everyone?

I think we do.
[/b]
i think we don't. it doesn't work. the optional friday does nothing to address the crux of the problem...not enough run groups causing several instances of 80-90+ car fields. vir did not run smoothly last year. sarrc may be good at running 300 car doubles in two days, but not 400 car doubles in two days.

on the worker issue, a good percent of the workers at past marrs/sarcc events are people from the dc region who came with us for the three day events.

gotta love the "IT WON"T HAPPEN" comment...sounds like "my way or the highway". not a lot of compromise or consideration there....sheesh. this was supposed to be a joint event, not a sarrc event that marrs folks are tolerated at. that is sure what it is sounding like.

on the bright side, if vir "WON'T HAPPEN" for marrs in 09, NJ motorsports park should be open. ahhh, fresh asphalt, a new facility and jersey in the spring time!