Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowe's cancelled again

Per the SeDiv site.

What happened this time???????????

Where did this information come from?? It is still on the 08 schedule.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Just checked the schedule again and it's on there now. What's up with that?

See the thread in the MARRS scheduling forum. They aren't coming; they claim it is cancelled as well.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Say it ain't so, Joe. Say it ain't so.

Tom Sprecher

Steve, what's the official response from CCR? I had heard elsewhere that it was cancelled, that's why I was watching the schedule.

See the thread in the MARRS scheduling forum. They aren't coming; they claim it is cancelled as well.
    [/b]
    What I said was...
    Originally posted by Moi
    Interesting...as of a couple of weeks ago that event was showing as "canceled" on the tentative SEDiv schedule.
    The version of the tentative schedule that was posted just prior to 11/1/07 (I believe it was dated 10/26 or close to that) showed the event as being cancelled (ie. there was a strike through it). It no longer appears that way in the current version of the tentative schedule.

We northerners just found it interesting at our last CC meeting that both that event and the Mother's Day NCR event at VIR were listed as SARRC/MARRS even though we had not committed to attending either.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Deleted because Gregg beat me to it.

Sorry Gregg, did not mean to misquote you.

I just spoke with our RE (Mark Senior). He is well aware that VIR May is NOT a MARRS event; I think all of us here in NCR are a bit saddened by that but understand some of the reasons for it. I suspect the listng on the schedule of SARRC/MARRS is a typo.

Steve E. - what is the official word on Lowe's?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Maybe my computer was looking at a cached version.

Deleted because Gregg beat me to it.
    [/b]
    And as for the June Jam date, that does now conflict with the 12hrs at the Point. That is because once the decision not to head on down to Lowes was made, the MARRS 2 date, was swapped with the original date (May 30/31) so that all of the Summit MARRS events fall at the end of the month.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Bear in mind people that these schedules were submitted in June at the mid year meeting and had to reflect the regions plans. Both the VIR and Lowes events were being talked about as MARRS points events. MARRS has made the decision to play at home this year for various reasons so they will not be points races for them. We are sorry as this would have been a great crossover. We look forward to working with them in the future. The Lowes race is still on the schedule for now. Will let you know if that changes so we can skip the speculation.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Bear in mind people that these schedules were submitted in June at the mid year meeting and had to reflect the regions plans. Both the VIR and Lowes events were being talked about as MARRS points events. MARRS has made the decision to play at home this year for various reasons so they will not be points races for them. We are sorry as this would have been a great crossover. We look forward to working with them in the future. The Lowes race is still on the schedule for now. Will let you know if that changes so we can skip the speculation.
    [/b]
    I (as in my opinion and not an official position of either the WDCR BoD or the competition committee) think that MARRS and Charlotte Motor Speedway won't mix as long as all of the racing takes place on Sunday after noon. I could be wrong about this, but I think this would be a major sticking point for MARRS agreeing to race, as a series, at thie venue.

If, however, some of the races were held on Saturday night............ The place has lights, doesn't it? IT and SS cars have lights, don't they? :P

If, however, some of the races were held on Saturday night............ The place has lights, doesn't it? IT and SS cars have lights, don't they? :P
    [/b]
    Now I would MAKE that trip
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I (as in my opinion and not an official position of either the WDCR BoD or the competition committee) think that MARRS and Charlotte Motor Speedway won't mix as long as all of the racing takes place on Sunday after noon. I could be wrong about this, but I think this would be a major sticking point for MARRS agreeing to race, as a series, at thie venue.

[/b]
    The plan was to run into Sat. night under the lights. We still might if other plans work out. :P
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

The plan was to run into Sat. night under the lights. We still might if other plans work out. :P
    [/b]
    Somehow that information never got transmitted to us... or did it?

What I said was...

We northerners [/b]

What the hell is with "WE"? You got a mouse in your pocket, and the last damn time I looked, VA is below the Mason- Dixon line! (which I've pissed on many a times) I also had to laugh that Butch Kummer mentioned that Norther yankee carpet baggers stole the runoffs. Now I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm a damn yankee/ northerner.

I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm a damn yankee/ northerner.
    [/b]
    Nah, to be a "damn yankee" you'd have to live down here. Yankees that stay up north don't make us no nevermind. But we ain't got much truck with them what stays down here.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

Nah, to be a "damn yankee" you'd have to live down here.
    [/b]
    .... Now I know why I have such a hard time getting along with you guys (Or should I say Ya'll) down here.....LOL