Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 NER Schedule

Any updates on when the 08 schedule will be published?
    I think I am going to try and make it to the Mid-Ohio IT festival
    Thanks,
    Beran
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

JohnRW;

I hate to be nitpicking, (is that a word??) but are BOTH races, under the one sanction number, going to be awarding points for the NARRC series? The reason that I ask, is that we have had race weekend formats here in NER that had a Saturday race (NARRC and NERRC points), a Sunday morning qualifying race (NERRC only points) and a Sunday afternoon race (NARRC and NERRC points). Each day, IIRC, had its own sanction number. This was either last Memorial Day weekend or the 2006 Memorial Day weekend event held at NHIS.

maybe I should just relax and wait until the schedule comes out? NAH!

later,

Tim M
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB

Schedules aren't "officially" published yet...just going by the documents that have been circulated post-NEDiv Mini-Con three weeks ago. "Official" NEDiv schedule will be out in several weeks.

I shot an email to EdZ (Glen Region RE, conflicted Spitfire/Miata driver, Wolseley owner) asking about "single" vs. "double". I'll update. [/b]
    I had requested specifically from Ed that the NARRC race July 25-27 would be a DOUBLE NARRC. This is KEY to the success of the event! Ed was a super guy and seemed to want to do it.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

And the survey says...(ding ding ding ding): "Single sanction, qualifying race on Saturday, race on Sunday, points awarded for both races".
    [/b]

^^^This was my apparently failed attempt to convey Ed's response. I'll just quote his email:

"Single sanction, double NARRC points (qualifying races on Saturday)."

This is a format that is regularly used by the Kryder series at Nelson Ledges, and several other Regional series that I'm familiar with. "Single Q Sat. morning, Q race Sat. afternoon(~6-8 laps?), Sunday morning 'warm ups', Sunday race (~10-12 laps)." I'm pretty confident that's what they're planning. Trying to shoehorn two legitimate "races" into a schedule at WGI is really challenging, if you're trying to avoid a somewhat draconian OT rate for long days.

It's the off-season, Tim. That's the best time for everybody to get crazy about racing stuff....remember: the bestest wildest crazy-azz conspiracy-theory-esque evil shrimp-eating iNTaRweB postings about racing/SCCA start appearing at this time of year. It's like a two-dimensional freak show, delivered electronically to your screen constantly. Nitpick away.

So, question....

I think I read that "best*" 8 NARRC finishes count. Plus three "track bonuses" of 75, for a theoretical total of 2475, correct? That is, 7 wins, @ 250, plus 1 win @ 500.

And there are 16 possible races, right?

(Question: Is a "best" finish determined by finishing position, or NARRC points? ie, do you take a win at any track (250 points), or a third at the NARRC-offs? (340 points)

So, that means you need to attend more than the above mentioned 4 weekends, if only to keep the competition from getting top points.

Doesn't seem like it's easy to win to me. Seems like you have to attend lots of events and do well. Which seems like it should be. Ideally I can see it would be better to count from the bottom up, or to award points for cars beaten, to adjust for the size of the class, but yea, that can be challenging for the pointse keeper.

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The 2008 NARRC points structure is still under construction. Your comments are always welcome. We are finalizing that structure and expect the ink to be dry by the end of January.

Feel free to contact your NARRC Driver's Advocate (Andy B.) to make sure the NARRC Committee gets your comments.

All official rules will be posted on www.NARRC.com. This is our series so make your comments heard!

Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony
    NNJR-RE
    Check out www.NJRRS.com for the latest '2008 Pro IT Series' news.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony