Thread: 2008 NER Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And the survey says...(ding ding ding ding): "Single sanction, qualifying race on Saturday, race on Sunday, points awarded for both races".

And the survey says...(ding ding ding ding): "Single sanction, qualifying race on Saturday, race on Sunday, points awarded for both races".
    [/b]

^^^This was my apparently failed attempt to convey Ed's response. I'll just quote his email:

"Single sanction, double NARRC points (qualifying races on Saturday)."

This is a format that is regularly used by the Kryder series at Nelson Ledges, and several other Regional series that I'm familiar with. "Single Q Sat. morning, Q race Sat. afternoon(~6-8 laps?), Sunday morning 'warm ups', Sunday race (~10-12 laps)." I'm pretty confident that's what they're planning. Trying to shoehorn two legitimate "races" into a schedule at WGI is really challenging, if you're trying to avoid a somewhat draconian OT rate for long days.

It's the off-season, Tim. That's the best time for everybody to get crazy about racing stuff....remember: the bestest wildest crazy-azz conspiracy-theory-esque evil shrimp-eating iNTaRweB postings about racing/SCCA start appearing at this time of year. It's like a two-dimensional freak show, delivered electronically to your screen constantly. Nitpick away.