Thread: baber times

What kind of lap times should I look for out of a ITA car at Barbers?
    #5 ITA 91 Civic Si - TT and track day for the moment

Evan, look here:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=585703

for results from the race this past July. Sunday was dry, Saturday was not.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Thanks. I worked that race...I remember what the weather was like

The miata's don't like to get wet

Man I'm slow, I'm about 40 seconds off the pace...

Evan, Steve Patterson will be out there for the DE on the 1st of December. I would suggest you try to follow him around the track and watch how smooth he is....i.e., he does not throw the car. CB
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

I tried following him around at TGPR, well I think it was Bobby in Steve's car. It didn't last too long. I do have a passenger seat in the car right now though.

Joe was behind me in his 924 for a few laps, he said he was only faster in a couple of places. He didn't say where or by how much. I don't *feel* like I throwing it, like I started off doing in the E30 you saw me in last year. I'll have video in a few though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMn_gJ3Ow38

Anyone is more than welcome to comment on my driving. I know I can brake deeper into six, the hairpin, I just need to grow the balls. It's probably the same for the kink in the back-straight too. I was feathering it between the two apex's.

Evan,
    You asked for it
    You are lifting in the kink and lifting over the tunnel. That cost you about 1 second. You are early on entry on the left hander at the end of the back straight. You are getting your braking done too late in the corkscrew and need to get on the gas earlier. You look great on turn 16 but could get on the gas sooner. You should be full on the gas at the apex of 15 and not lifting. Your entry to 15 is too wide as well. You should be about a car lenth farther to the right. Get with me next weekend and I'll be glad to do a lead/follow session with you or maybe ride with you or drive your car.
    Steve
    ITA 78 Sentra SE-R

Evan,
    You asked for it
    You are lifting in the kink and lifting over the tunnel. That cost you about 1 second. You are early on entry on the left hander at the end of the back straight. You are getting your braking done too late in the corkscrew and need to get on the gas earlier. You look great on turn 16 but could get on the gas sooner. You should be full on the gas at the apex of 15 and not lifting. Your entry to 15 is too wide as well. You should be about a car lenth farther to the right. Get with me next weekend and I'll be glad to do a lead/follow session with you or maybe ride with you or drive your car.
    Steve
    [/b]
    My lifting is the lack of balls more than anything. So more slow in fast out on the corkscrew? The entry into 15 has always confused me a little bit, that one seems like it's hard for a lot of people to figure out.

I'll definitely take your instruction this weekend. I don't know if you'll be able to see over my steering wheel very well though, the seat is almost to low for me and I'm a couple inches taller than you I think. I'm going to get the seat mounting integrated into the cage once I can afford one, that should help me out there.

Thanks Steve