Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
And as far as being competitive, while the Shelby struggled in ITA, the plain Charger ran at the front of the pack at Summit Point just a couple of years ago. Tho Omni was up there, too, if I remember right. Now I don't know the preparation of Matt Green's ITB Charger, and I suspect it was VERY well developed.

Well, it wasn't my car for one thing In fact I was in no way affiliated with that car, but I have seen it once or twice (literally), and it was nicely done and well driven.

As for the rule, KILL IT! There are at least two of us on here with Neons that would like ability to swap between SOHC and DOHC, just to make a point if nothing else. That not withstanding, it's a Stupid Rule (TM) and as mentioned does nothing to help compliance issues and actually probably makes it more of a pain as Jake mentioned.

Oh, and as for killing ITC in the process, think about this- if you had a car and all the requisite components to make the swap, why not keep all the stuff so you can go back and forth (as mentioned above with the Neon)? I for one know that if I couldn't be competitive in a class, but had the opportunity to reconfigure the same chassis easily for another class, I might consider it, both in the downward and upward directions...

Since there seems to be no arguement in this thread, I'm heading over to the "should IT be a National class" thread... Just what are you smokin if you support that initiative?