Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: December Fastrack

Completely off topic, but...

Can we start a pool on how long it takes a thread in Rules&Regs to become one about the IT weight "Formula?" We could make it a special prize at the ARRC and whomever was closest, without going over, to the actual number of posts in a thread would win. Of course, we'd have to setup rules about people intentionally steering the conversation (maybe create some sort of formul... Oh crap, there I go!)... [/b]
    It's exactly why its a bad idea. Had a great conversation with a racer last night about his car and teh process. I think he left understanding how it worked AND happy. Imagine that.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

If you want to know why your car is at the weight it is at, ask, and you'll be told. You'll be told the expected IT prep gain percentage, the subjective adders/subtractions, and the process weight.
    [/b]
    Okay, I'll bite.

Why is my car at the weight it is at?

1985 Dodge Daytona, struts in front, 2.2L with throttle body injection, front wheel drive

It's at 2630 lbs in ITB

Bob Clifton
    #05 ITB Dodge Daytona

I have no clue how the process works, but I'd say thats 50-100lbs heavy to be competitive in ITB.
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

You might be asking the wrong question there, Bob. The answer to "why" is probably that it got spec'd in about 1990 based on the curb weight plus-and-minus kind of formula that Bill described.

What you REALLY want to know is "What is the process weight for this car?" In addition to what you've provided, you'll need to provide the SAE stated HP and torque and the stock weight. The latter probably won't make any difference in your case, since it's really only to see if there's going to be a problem getting it to the resulting minimum weight.

K