Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Slick top" 89-96 300ZX

Price?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Havent gotten that far yet. haha. We just started talking about it this week so right now I am willing to entertain offers, but will set a price for it in the next couple weeks after I get it all back together.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

I was sniffing around that car - nice ride and owned by a great bunch of guys. Going Boxster - Porsche has always been my favorite and I bought a '97 brand new and it was my favorite car. Took awhile to find a good deal. Going to pick it up on Saturday - kinda like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Very cool Ben!! I have been noodling about ITR...I haven't gotten the build numbers on that car figured out yet...I assume you have.. Care to share some of your assumptions and your plan?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The plan is based on the car being a better handler than most. The play is on momentum and less on HP. At 2830 it'll be a light car with great brakes and excellent chassis. The weakness is the HP - rumors are that the '99 makes a little more than 201 at the crank - who knows.

European car did intake, headers and exhaust on a street car and it went from 166 at the wheels to 188 - if memory serves. With a race exhaust and programmable ECU I'd hope to get the car into the 190s. That would give me the power to compete - I recall torque was good but don't remember the rating.

The build will be basic but expensive. I'll buy top of the line shocks like JRZ, Penske or Moton. A variety of springs for different tracks, big sway bars, lots of spherical bits, camber plates etc. Cage will be done to improve structural rigidity - no kit cages. Not planning on doing bushings unless I feel the car needs even more chassis help. Big, extra light 17 inch wheels and a ton of test and tune days. That'll get me on track. Don't know about doing a diff for the car or what gearing - I'll let somebody else pave that road first.

I've owned a Boxster before and used to say the handling defied gravity - plus legendary Porsche reliability.

I may need to add some cooling capacity based on what I've read, but I recall flogging my street Boxster at LRP for an entire day at full punishment and it never moved the temps.

I have even contemplated sale of the stock car so I'd have like $25K to put into this, put the stocker on racingjunk.com and immediately got bites - not so sure I'm ready to sell it. I can do the Boxster and keep the stocker - just would make it a slow build while driving it on the street. (Get the Boxster inspected and then start playing.) That stock car is the ultimate track toy - just nobody to race in the NE. Still planning on getting my ass kicked in GT1 just to have some guys to run against. Although at regionals I was able to finish in the top 5 often against GT1 guys so maybe I won't suck that bad.

I have heard the Boxster motor is not easy to work on at all - leaving it alone for now.

I am all ears on suggestions for making this a fast car.

Cheers,

Ben

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Who is going to do the cage for you? We have a great guy doing a couple for us. Let me know and I can get you some pricing if you want.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Price?
    [/b]
    I'm thinking $9500 when it is all back together. Pulled the motor to clean it up and remove the EGR over the winter. Would consider knocking some off to not have to put it back together though...
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com