Having abandoned ship on the Fiero and thankfully not wasting too much $$ on that project, I've been looking at some ITR candidates to keep me busy over the winter. I like to drive 'em while I work on 'em so I do the motor, intake, exhaust first, then suspension, then the safety stuff.

I'd like to hear what folks think of these cars competition potential and costs to make them run at the pointy end of the field:

Honda S2000 - First choice - I think this will be the car to have but very $$ - I predict this is the class winner

Porsche - the 968 or the 944S2 looks like the best of the marque from a handling and power potential. Anybody thinking Boxster? These are my second choices

Nissan 300Zx - Third choice - this is a car I'm really taking a hard look at. Good balance, cheap cars out there, sorta heavy for the brakes, lots of support. 3000GT and Stealth - just don't grab me.

BMW - the 325 is a great candidate with additional classes to run in. 328 looking good. 330 very expensive

Mustang, Firebird, Camaro - lighter than AS but with a six banger and ITS running similar times to regional AS cars with V8s I just don't see these cars having a chance. Anybody disagree???

What should I also take a look at???

Gotta put that new Millamatic 250 to work.....

Cheers,

Ben