Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2008 MARRS Schedule

I'll ignore some of the diatribes against NCR, which in my view (although I am biased) is one of teh best run regions in the country and puts on a great show at VIR. Our corner workers and pace car drivers are top notch, enough said.

On to race scheduling issues.

Isn't the MARRS series coming down to run a SARRC/MARRS with Central Carolinas Region at Lowe's in June? SEDiv Racing website shows it on the schedule.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

http://www.sedivracing.org/2008Schedule.pdf

Interesting...as of a couple of weeks ago that event was showing as "canceled" on the tentative SEDiv schedule.

The plan was to attend this race but given the quiet hours issue on Sundays at Lowe's (our understanding is that racing couldn't commence until late morning), I'm afraid the decision was made not to make the trip as it would make for some very late exits on Sunday for 7+ hour drives back north. At one point there was a possibility of CCR landing a VIR date. That's who we would have been running w/ there if that had happened.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

now i know how the ITAC felt two years ago trying to defend against the conspiracy theory crowd. where is that black helicopter avatar?

grjones - at least three of us on the comp committee have explained how the process worked in this thread. there is no conspiracy against vir. there is no movement to get rid of mothers day. there is no small group of members driving a hidden agenda. there is a group of volunteers who are putting a lot of work into running a race series for 400+ drivers to enjoy. you have been told what "went down". you appear to be ignoring reality in favor of continuing your rants against the sked for 08 for some reason.
    [/b]

Why is it that every time anyone questions a board's decision he is accused of being a "conspiracy theorist"?

Again you attack the individual and refuse to answer reasonable questions: What were the conversations with NCR and their answers to WDCR's concerns?

Because of the lack of information, some of us cannot help but think that there never was interaction with NCR related to the possibility of a SARRC/MARRS in 2008, and a few reps and the CC decided they didn't like the 2007 event and they weren't going back, without regard to a majority of the other participants. (The imposition of the Mother's Day complaint was only "blown smoke" that has never before been an issue.)

If those "on the inside" would answer the question that indeed someone talked to NCR and no compromise could be met, I'll forgo my opinion that my vote wasn't considered and apologize vehemently to any I may have offended. And if you desire relinquish my membership.
    G Jones
    ITC Fiesta
    MARRS 22

I'm not on the inside. But I know from simply attending my region's monthly meeting that WDCR did talk to NCR about the issues they have with the SARRC/MARRS schedule. I am aware that there was an attempt to reach a consensus, and I think NCR even solicited suggestions from membership about the schedule.

Maybe if you would do the same you would get similar information?

The diatribe stuff gets old.

Sorry to hear that about Lowe's. Honestly, I doubt that CCR will be able to get a date at VIR given the problems NCr has had in just locking down existing dates. I do hear that CCR or SCR may go to Rockingham -- I assume that is too far for a MARRS date as well?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

at least three of us on the comp committee have explained how the process worked in this thread. there is no conspiracy against vir. there is no movement to get rid of mothers day. there is no small group of members driving a hidden agenda. there is a group of volunteers who are putting a lot of work into running a race series for 400+ drivers to enjoy. you have been told what "went down". you appear to be ignoring reality in favor of continuing your rants against the sked for 08 for some reason.
    [/b]
    In this thread, we've had the members of the CC say that the reason it got pulled was because of Mother's Day and we've seen members say that the race got pulled was because of Mother's Day.

Let me repeat..

That's a communication breakdown.

My dog in this hunt is exactly opposite GRJ's - I don't want MARRS to go to the event previously known as the MARRS/SARRC double because I'll only race in it if we don't send MARRS down there.

Based on the lack of support being voiced here for sending MARRS down to VIR for the Mom's Day event - I think it is pretty clear that the members of IT.COM who race in MARRS do not want to go VIR that weekend as a series.

But I still don't think there was anything out of order in trying to gauge whether the decision had popular support.

Based on the lack of support being voiced here for sending MARRS down to VIR for the Mom's Day event - I think it is pretty clear that the members of IT.COM who race in MARRS do not want to go VIR that weekend as a series....JJanos

I must concede the same. Still no evidence that the decisionmaking process was not flawed - that said without any "conspiracy theory" intended.

G Jones
    ITC Fiesta
    MARRS 22

Both series were put in a bad situation with the VIR race. You have half the drivers screaming about the extra day when they had to be there on Friday to qualify and the other half screaming about lack of track time in the two day format. Either way drivers loose. Lets hope they look at splitting up the groups for qual. sessions in the future if it can be worked out. Split groups over 50 cars and give a slightly shorter session. Might solve the crowding problems.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Both series were put in a bad situation with the VIR race. You have half the drivers screaming about the extra day when they had to be there on Friday to qualify and the other half screaming about lack of track time in the two day format. Either way drivers loose. Lets hope they look at splitting up the groups for qual. sessions in the future if it can be worked out. Split groups over 50 cars and give a slightly shorter session. Might solve the crowding problems.
    [/b]
    The problem, at least in my little old ITC car that makes speed in the twisty bits, is that with fields so large and classes running from ITA-ITC, I simply got freight trained at the start by cars with ALOT more HP than me who parked it in the twisty bits were I make my speed. I'm not talking the difference between say an ITC CRX (twisty) and an ITC VW (HP)... I'm talking the difference between ITC and ITA.

Last night, while watching tapes of the 2007 Summit Point and VIR races, I realized that for the SPR races I often was wondering - this hasn't ended yet? But when watching the VIR races, I wondered - it's over already? I just got clear of the chaff and I'm going to get to race with the wheat...

Frankly, I'd have loved to see the Sun AM qualifying dumped in favor of a Sunday race 1.5 times or twice as long as a regular regional. Grid could be set by best time from qualifying or race on Saturday. It probably would make the day even run faster because, even as fast as NCR keeps things moving, there's ALOT of down time between each session.