HAH! Seeing Spiff's failure there reminded me of another ADS experience.

Showed up this year as a surprise to drive Richie Hunter's Integra...hopped in for the warm-up lap then took the green. Tagged a curb on the first lap that I *always* tag in the NX2000 and the car suddenly felt funny...pulled it in a lap later, thought I blew a tire. The front AD shock was EXPLODED and in muy pieces. Seems the travel on that car with those shocks is nowhere NEAR what the NX has, and I SERIOUSLY bottomed out that shock internally. The lower cap - the part in Spiff's pic that's separated - had driven itself up into the body such that the entire lower body of that super-lightweight aluminum tube was "tulip'd" out. It was pretty ugly (and I was pretty embarrassed...)

I've also watched some of my ITA competitors constantly re-pressurizing those, even between sessions. "Normal", they're told.

Hmmm.....
[/b]
X2 same thing. They look cool and have a great feature list but seem too delicate for what we do. Road Atlanta ARRC 2006 I qualified well (test day tuned all was well), went out for the race and warming up tires and brakes the car seemed soft in the LF...I got the start and the car was bad...the shock finally let go after a few futile laps. Anyone there saw how happy I was about this. They were cool and rebuilt them and told me to get bigger bump stops...I guess this one bottomed internally as well. I am far too lazy to pull struts out every few races...so I have a brand new set for sale...still in box.

great salesman!