Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What is up with Mazda vs SCCA???

And some of us internet warriors actually picked up the phone and called people closer to the action, and did some personal research, then made our feelings known based on the discoveries.

Email isn't the only way to get things done.........
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake, is your last post aimed towards me? (Remember the deal about how high the soap box is & how far one has to fall.) If so would you like to see the letter I wrote to the President & each BoD member based on facts ?

If I did a survey of three sites (Production, IT & Spec Miata) the number of people who wrote letters to the BoD will make 35 look silly.

No David, look at the posting time...we posted at nearly the same time...my comments were in response to L man.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

So now that we know who made this thoughtless remark I can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh, "we" do, do "we?"

K

Well,...Who was it ...?

[attachmentid=1235]
    Bill Johnson

Well,...Who was it ...?

[attachmentid=1235]
    [/b]
    BUSTED!!! This is clearly the culprit sabotaging our relationship with Mazda!

Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

KP JONES from Florida

... from Florida[/b]
    Ah. That explains why W is making that face.

Seriously though - at the end of the day, does it really make a difference WHO said it? The issues run deeper than just a tactless comment from one person to another.

K

EDIT - and what if (and I said "IF") Jones is right?

Ah. That explains why W is making that face.

Seriously though - at the end of the day, does it really make a difference WHO said it? The issues run deeper than just a tactless comment from one person to another.

K

EDIT - and what if (and I said "IF") Jones is right?
    [/b]
    Then it better be the consensus of the entire BOD. If not he crossed the line by running his mouth to a sponsor as a BOD member. Either way way out of line. Lets see the same person talk with your VW cup guys.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

And some of us internet warriors actually picked up the phone and called people closer to the action, and did some personal research, then made our feelings known based on the discoveries.

Email isn't the only way to get things done.........
    [/b]
    Completely agree. But Mr. Julow writes:

"Based on some recent e-mails, it would appear that some of you may be receiving inquiries regarding SCCA's business relationship with Mazda. For some background--about two weeks ago, Mazda sent out a survey to its Mazdaspeed members. In the cover letter was a suggestion that responders may want to include the SCCA headquarters and Board of Directors as part of their feedback. To date, we have received about 35 e-mails addressed to me or the BOD. What follows is the statement we are sending to acknowledge receipt of the e-mail."

So apparently Mr Julow isn't aware of the non-email inquiries *shrug*. I do note that he includes the BoD in his estimate, so he speaks for the Board as well when he says only 35 complaints were heard. I would think that if there were significant non-email noise he might have mentioned that as well.

Again, I am not disparaging your efforts, far from it...I didnt really mean 'Internet warriors' to be pejorative but I can see how that could happen. I only note how the flood of outrage at the grassroots level appears to have become a trickle of water at the highest levels....if that is indeed the case.

Done on this one. Merry Christmas :snow_cool:

Completely agree. But Mr. Julow writes:

"Based on some recent e-mails, it would appear that some of you may be receiving inquiries regarding SCCA's business relationship with Mazda. For some background--about two weeks ago, Mazda sent out a survey to its Mazdaspeed members. In the cover letter was a suggestion that responders may want to include the SCCA headquarters and Board of Directors as part of their feedback. To date, we have received about 35 e-mails addressed to me or the BOD. What follows is the statement we are sending to acknowledge receipt of the e-mail."

So apparently Mr Julow isn't aware of the non-email inquiries *shrug*. I do note that he includes the BoD in his estimate, so he speaks for the Board as well when he says only 35 complaints were heard. I would think that if there were significant non-email noise he might have mentioned that as well.

Again, I am not disparaging your efforts, far from it...I didnt really mean 'Internet warriors' to be pejorative but I can see how that could happen. I only note how the flood of outrage at the grassroots level appears to have become a trickle of water at the highest levels....if that is indeed the case.

Done on this one. Merry Christmas :snow_cool: [/b]
    Merry Christmas to you as well. Next time you sign up to a board to stir up crap--sign a real name.

(editied by lateapex911 for quote code.)
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

KP JONES from Florida
    [/b]
    The only other source that I read this from fingered another source a week or two ago. So do you mind telling us where, (besides our favorite chicken little) you heard this from? Just want to be sure we have accurate info this time around.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Actually, I'd rather have "fastbenz" sign his name so we know who is naming names.....
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Just tell us what his name is and we'll have the bailiff whack his peepee....

[attachmentid=1237]
    Bill Johnson

Press release scheduled tomorrow, Dec. 11 Tuesday from SCCA according to BOD member Mike Sauce. Should be interesting.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

I understand IT is not National racing but for those without a clue this isn't bad money to go along wit a $10.00 plaque.

Posted by Chuck Clark on the Production site.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Races:
    $600, $300, $150

Divisional Champ:
    $1,000

Runoffs:
    $5,000, $2,500, $1,250
    tow fund money from $50-600 based on distance

Have Fun
    David

ps: Mark, I look forward to the press release tomorow. If part of the press release don't include getting rid of the BoD who had brain turned off with mouth open we need to start all over because the BoD & President didn't get the message which is two fold.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Looks pretty similar to the VW deal. They also pay out for pole at the runoffs. And of course they pay IT drivers for lowly regional wins .

All in all those numbers can make a big impact on a club racer's years. Thank you to Mazda, and Nissan and VW for seeing the value in providing this support.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

KP JONES from Florida[/b]
    Now you need to give the factual evidence to prove that KP was the one to start the trouble,...becouse I "heard" that fastbenz was the one,...I also "heard" that fastbenz was really a very slow Benz that just gets in the way.

[attachmentid=1239]
    Bill Johnson

I understand IT is not National racing but for those without a clue this isn't bad money to go along wit a $10.00 plaque.
    [/b]
    That money is great. Add on a tire manufacturer and your weekends pay for themselves. Too bad regional cars (IT) get squat in the way of contingency. I'd bet Mazda puts up that kind of money for NASA next year, they did it for the NASA Championships and I foresee it happening for NASA regular season races, we'll know soon. Just another reason the other organization has been very appealing to me.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT