NASA needs the $. NASA seems to need and appreciate the racers and the track junkies. SCCA is run by weekend Kings that need to feel powerful, and that you are lucky to be allowed to run asolo or race.
I have not renewed my SCCA card and have gone oval racing to avoid the hassle of SCCA.( and lack of under age driver allowance).
My Son and I will go NASA racing , with a ITB Golf, next spring. SCCA has pissed off my pleasant , easy going , Son, enough to sell my Miata. The only car that SCCA solo tracks seem to excel with.
NASA seems to put the customer first, But I have not run any events. I have looked at the schedule and car counts for Sebring. SCCA gets more cars for sure, but the actual tracktime is a little less for NASA.
Cost about the same.
I see a real opportunity for Mazda to grab the NASA hand and add some exposure ...
I may go back to SCCA eventually, only if my Son can get a better return or experience. Now I will go any place else. We run the Vette club solos , they are fast, appreciate the cash and help that we extend , and are friendly!! Imagine that!! Some damp days, we get 30 runs!!!