Thanks Jake. Yup, I'm the guy on the phones (along with Scott, James, and Brian)

I have been a club racer (first crew for a friend, now driver) since 1987, and with Mazda Motorsports since 1998.

.......... I feel a lot of resentment from other brands' racers, and even some backlash in the rules-making and classifying of cars (along the lines of "there are too many Mazdas out there already, why classify the XXX in SS" or "why help out the XXX in ITA? Sure it's at a disadvantage, but there are too many Mazda's out there already"). That kind of thinking most hurts the individual racer who is trying to compete with that particular car.

[/b]

Tim- I hope your comments regarding lined pockets, etc, aren't aimed at me in any way. I've been a Mazda comp member since 92 or so, and have often marveled at how awesome it is to be able to pick up a phone and talk to someone (you, often!) who really knows what you're talking about and what you need.....and how Mazda can afford to staff and run the department. Screw the low costs, LOL, that expert knowledge is a HUGE benefit, and I have chosen to support Mazda over the years in my car buying and racing decisions largely because they have treated me so well over the years.

That said, I serve on the IT ad hoc commiteee, and I can assure you, Mazda gets no favoritism, nor is it resented in any way among those on the ITAC, and no rules decisions nor classsifications have been manipulated to hurt or benefit Mazda. We have what we feel is perhaps the best category in SCCA, and we realize the reasons it has become what it is. We won't do anything that could threaten our cornerstone values, and any manipulation of the rules or classifications to help or hurt any specific manufacturer is certainly one of the values we will never bend on. We feel that it is the fairest way to handle things, both to the members AND the manufacturers.