My throwaway comment about SS elsewhere aside, let's not ignore the fact that Mazda didn't get what it wanted in terms of competition allowances in one of the classes not among the FIVE RubOffs titles they DID get. If we ARE a club, then maybe it's OK that a manufacturer can't bully the rules into their favor that additional bit...? [/b]
My concern is that, if the conversation occurred as detailed in the survey (which I did get -- I've belonged to Mazda Support since it started), then what was the context? And what did the "prominent BoD member" mean? If the feeling on the BoD is that mfg support is only for people with offices in Kansas, then maybe we need to remind them of who the club organization is for. Having mfg support is a good thing for racers, and if it doesn't help the national office, well that's too bad.

I agree that if a mfg is trying to leverage support in exchange for favorable treatment that creates an advantage, that is unacceptable. But the rules should be the same for all.