Thread: New 3 hour enduros in the Southeast

The NASA Southeast region should be announcing soon a new enduro series. It will be a nice change of pace and something of a money saver for many looking for some racing.

Check the NASA-SE schedule for the three day events. Each of those will start the race weekend with a three hour enduro on Friday afternoon. 3-6pm. Two at Road Atlanta. Also Barber Motorsports Park and the new configuration of Carolina Motorsports Park.

What I like about it is that it can be a one day event for many of those that use those race tracks. Its great for racers that have family commitments on many weekends. Haul out in the morning. Get unloaded and warmed up. Race three hours and sleep in your own bed with Saturday and Sunday still open.

OR its a three race weekend with two sprint races to follow each day of the weekend.
    http://www.nasa-southeast.com/

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

SCCA listen up! Killing the ECR series has opened a door, and NASA is stepping in.....get the ECR fixed.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The Florida region runs several 3hr enduros a year. there is one this weekend. And they are at night.

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

My only problem with Florida SCCA region is that most of those enduros are at Moroso. They have a double enduro at Homestead in June and I think we will try that one. Central Florida has Sebring and Daytona and won't let us run.

Florida region needs car count and they will let us run.

ECR apparantly needs car count in many places, but......you know....Vipers may show up if they give us the ok.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Wow, fast response from NASA and lining it up at some great tracks (sorry, I'm a minority that likes CMP). Sounds like the ECR renovation is being discussed. But one of NASA's strengths, which at times is a weakness, is the speed that they can accomplish a change or modification to their organization. Looks like a clear warning to me.

Ron