Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 ARRC by GRM Planning

Hey Butch- Great event. It was nice to meet you in person. We were at the 1997 event and ten years later the weather was certainly better. I know that fuel is expensive as heck. We had a budget for towing fuel that was eaten up on our way there alone. However, I'd encourage everyone who is thinking about going to attend next year. I've been to the Runoffs for the last 2 years and while it is much closer to our home the ARRC gives drivers much more bang for the buck.
    I'd also like to inform anyone traveling to the ARRC next year from the west to beware of I-20. I know that the Texas folks I talked to were a perfect 3 for 3 in towing calamaties. Maybe next year all of us from Texas can coordinate our trips so we all have enough spare trailer hubs, tires, welding equipment, etc.

Rob,

Great job on your Endro win and 2nd over all.

Did you get any photos of the sprint race for our web site

Brion G
    ITO o7
    2nd at the ARRC 07 Sprint
    Brion Gluck
    ITO/Av8 07 Mustang
    Ast Dir Av8s
    www.darkhorseracing.net
    www.av8ss.com

Actually, I shot that race focusing on Lester, Pete, Gene and even you.

Send me an email at [email protected].

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Butch,

great job. It was the 4th time I have been to the ARRC. Each year I have more fun. I was worth the trip from NY and the plane fare for my girlfrienf to get home in time for a job on Monday. I had a question that you might be able to help me with. I wound up finishing 3rd in the Enduro in ITB after the #20 was given a couple of laps for an early pitstop (that happened to me last year, life is a circle). #20 took home the 3rd place trophy, I don't get many trophies and have not needed to build a trophy room yet. So i would like to get the trophy for i have made room for it on my shelf and in my heart. do you guys try to get it for me or tell me how to get it from those guys, we were talking, they were really good guys and clean racers, it was fun racing with them so I think they would want to give it back.

thanks,
    charlie gerundo #95 ITB

forgive the newb question, but is the ARRC always the 2nd weekend of November?

i am preparing for vacation requests for 2008 and want to know if it will be 11/7, 8 & 9.

tia,

tom
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Charlie - I'll make sure we get you a third place trophy.

Tom - We haven't signed the contract with Road Atlanta yet, but count on the 2008 ARRC by GRM being Nov 7-9 with a Test Day on Thursday, Nov 6.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

I'm a laugning -- I figured that was the case. I don't think I've ever had a vacation that was not interrupted by your employer.......

I'm headed to the ARRC next year. Hope to see you there. Which car(s) did you guys run and how did you do this year?
    [/b]
    We took our 1989 Nissan 240Sx but broke an oil pump so didn't get to finish the weekend but we had a great time. I can't wait for next year.

To get a real vacation from ABB you have to go somewhere that has no cell service.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Thanks Butch

look foward to making the trip again next year

regards,
    charlie

I'm on the ARRC Committee and at the recent race board meeting I discovered that some ARRC trophy winners thought the trophy stands with the sweeping hook were an odd companion to the medals. For those of you that have not figured it out... the stands are to hang the medal on when you are not wearing it around your neck. Just remove the ribbon and hang it on the hook. Oh, this is the only forum I view and that isn't often. If any of you visit other forums that had drivers at the ARRC, please share this info.

Sandy, the paddock queen and other misc. jobs

I'd also like to hear more about the dates for 2008. I've got to put in early for the vacation time
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

. Test Day on Thursday, Nov. 6
    . Qualifying and Pro-IT race on Friday, Nov 7
    . Championship (Sprint) races on Saturday, Nov 8
    . Enduro and perhaps a "feature" race (class(es) TBD) on Sunday, Nov 9
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

thanks for the dates.. I've got vacation time requested now!

I really hope there is a large ITR field this year... I've pretty much dedicated my entire year's free time and budget to building the S2000 and my only real goal is to have a good showing at the ARRC.

:cool:
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 77ITA View Post
    thanks for the dates.. I've got vacation time requested now!

I really hope there is a large ITR field this year... I've pretty much dedicated my entire year's free time and budget to building the S2000 and my only real goal is to have a good showing at the ARRC.

:cool:
    Quite frankly it would be nice to see a large ITR field anywhere this year. Call your fellow ITR friends and enemies and coordinate.