As far as Raymond's plan to run local events because the competition is just as keen, I fully understand that fuel prices are not likely to go down anytime soon. I'm going to be cutting back myself in 2008 and may very well run nothing but Road Atlanta events. Of course another way to read Raymond's statement is, "I can get my butt kicked on my backyard, so why go all the way to Atlanta to get it kicked harder?"
[/b]
You got me on that one!!! lol

Butch, thanks for listening. I have made the treck to the ARRC 3 times, once as a spectator and 2 times as a driver/crew. The event is certainly TOP NOTCH and overall anyone that is local should be absolutely proud to be a part of a group that puts on this caliber event and do such a good job.

I am glad that you recognize that many of us whom follow SCCA IT racing closely (why do we do this again???) pay special attention to the ARRC to really show us whom a National Champion is, and that you recognize that those of us watching expect that National Champion to prove themselves in the tech shed. Remember those of us "watching from home" only see what is on paper... Being at the event is completely different feeling than watching it from home.

As I grow older I seem to make a heck of a lot more money, but the racing budget seems to get a lot smaller. It is very very hard to justify 5 or 6 local weekends of racing for 1 weekend.

Again, thanks for listening to those people whom are not "regulars", but wish we were...

Raymond