An Update:

At last night's Race Board meeting I brought up the concept of hosting a "Club" night event at Road Atlanta. I may be wrong, but I don't believe I've EVER seen such a large collection of pitchforks, torches and WMD's appear in that short a timeframe. Y'all can lobby all you want, but Atlanta Region SCCA ain't gonna host it.

I know that racers don't think about it until they need it, but driver and worker safety was the biggest concern. We did run a night Enduro a few years back and it was a fiasco. The rain certainly exaggerated the issues, but cars were off course and the workers never knew about it until the driver made her/his way back to the corner station. I also recall that one worker was responding to a car in the gravel trap, slipped on the wet tire wall and severely injured his ankle. Running a night race at Road Atlanta is a logistical nightmare and the consensus of the Race Board is "the juice ain't worth the squeeze."

That said, is there any interest in running a three-hour night Enduro at Nashville in June? Drivers have already demonstrated a simple Double SARRC is not enough to entice them to the far reaches of the division, but would adding an Enduro under the lights make the event more appealing?

I welcome your thoughts...