Tom,

I believe the restricted regional with the OVR national last year had qualifying and the race both as the last group of the day with qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday. There were a total of 40 cars entered in all IT and SM classes and the cost was $199. This particular regional ended up being most of the profit for the event. With national entries being down as much as they are, these restricted regionals add to the fields such that the events can be profitable for the regions. At least, that is how I understand it from the people who were promoting the race.
[/b]
Dave: We had a practice/qualifying session Saturday morning, qualifying race Saturday afternoon, and a race on Sunday. Lengths of these sessions was comparable to what the National groups got (17 lap race, as I remember). So, 1/3 the cost of a double regional vs less that 1/4 less seat time = lower cost per lap. However, because it was a restricted regional, it did not count towards the Great Lakes Division championship.

Since I have not registered for a National race, I can't compare prices, but if the entry fees for the National classes remained the same from last year, then the additional Regional cars were able to offset an increase that they probably would have seen.