Thread: Tentative GLDiv Schedule

Hi everyone,

Here is the Tentative GLDiv. Schedule. " Tentative" means we have no confirmation on the Mid Ohio dates listed yet. http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/node/92

Todd

Thanks Todd, you Rock!
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Todd,
    Any changes being kicked around for the "Spectacular" @ MO in August?
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

Todd: make sure the ARRC gets added to that calendar!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

thanks! this is awesome.

i realize that it is just tentative but vacation requests for 2008 are just around the corner and this gives us something to shoot for.

IT fest and ARRC bound for 2008

nomonasa
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Todd,
    Any changes being kicked around for the "Spectacular" @ MO in August?
    [/b]
    The 2008 campaign starts tonight with our first planning meeting. I'll be seeking input with questions and polls on the I.T.SPEC*tacular forum as we go.

Todd

Thumbs up

Wait a minute!!!! That schedule can't be right!!!!! NeOhio got a regional @ Nelson's in JULY????? I can't run that race without it being cold and wet with a cold wind. :snow_cool:

(I'll take it though)

am i reading this right that there will be at least two restricted regionals with nationals?

OVR 6/7-8 & SBR 8/23-24?

how does this work? what is a typical schedule, etc.

i am not familiar with these but these dates look promising for travel, etc.

tia, tom

Tom,

I believe the restricted regional with the OVR national last year had qualifying and the race both as the last group of the day with qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday. There were a total of 40 cars entered in all IT and SM classes and the cost was $199. This particular regional ended up being most of the profit for the event. With national entries being down as much as they are, these restricted regionals add to the fields such that the events can be profitable for the regions. At least, that is how I understand it from the people who were promoting the race.
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

As I recall from the Roundtable, Indy Region plans to have a restricted regional at their July National. They are planning to do it all on one day. I recall they said Saturday, but don't quote me. Frankly its about time this area of the country started running these RR's at national races. Is win-win for almost everybody.....well except the National drivers who complained that they had to pay more at our (OVR) restricted regional last June.

db

Yes, plan for Indy is a one day, one group RR on Saturday for all IT cars (A,B,C,E,S,R) - qual will be last group of the morning, race the last group of the afternoon. Easy to travel in on Friday (the 4th) or Saturday morning, easy home Saturday night or Sunday, depending on your distance away. Entry fee for the RR will be very economically friendly...
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

hopefully there will be attractive pricing on double dipping.

i plan to be HP legal with the ITB car by spring. not competitive, but legal.

otherwise, traveling to faraway places will be restricted to double regionals to make the towing/fuel costs worthwhile.

Tom,

I believe the restricted regional with the OVR national last year had qualifying and the race both as the last group of the day with qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday. There were a total of 40 cars entered in all IT and SM classes and the cost was $199. This particular regional ended up being most of the profit for the event. With national entries being down as much as they are, these restricted regionals add to the fields such that the events can be profitable for the regions. At least, that is how I understand it from the people who were promoting the race.
    [/b]
    Dave: We had a practice/qualifying session Saturday morning, qualifying race Saturday afternoon, and a race on Sunday. Lengths of these sessions was comparable to what the National groups got (17 lap race, as I remember). So, 1/3 the cost of a double regional vs less that 1/4 less seat time = lower cost per lap. However, because it was a restricted regional, it did not count towards the Great Lakes Division championship.

Since I have not registered for a National race, I can't compare prices, but if the entry fees for the National classes remained the same from last year, then the additional Regional cars were able to offset an increase that they probably would have seen.

Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com